[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Screening Opportunity in NH. Anyone Willing to Head It?

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:41 pm 

Signal Origin:
Upstate NY

I have tried to get a screening organized in upstate NY in the past, but my co-organizers have fallen through, and there wasn't a lot of interest. So, I would like to see if anyone would be willing to organize a screening in Tilton NH. I have a pretty amazing theater tentatively lined up (I contacted them about a possible screening in the past, and they were very willing to try it). I would do my best to help organize, but I doubt I would be able to be much help in person, as I live pretty far away from NH. As I said, I have tried to organize on in my area, but it is rural enough so there is little interest. At the very least, I could be a little help in organization and I could hel fill a few seats with Browncoats from Upstate NY.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:04 am 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

We can spread the word via twitter and Facebook, etc for you as well. Thanks for getting it this far!

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 am 

Signal Origin:
Upstate NY

That would be great! I would appreciate the help in finding someone to work with.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:18 pm 

Signal Origin:
Rochester, NY

I'm actually thinking of organizing a CSTS screening in western NY next year (I currently live in Rochester, originally from upstate). Whereabouts are you based out of? Maybe we can join forces.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:26 pm 

Signal Origin:
Upstate NY

I'm about an hour East of Watertown and probably three and a half hours from Rochester.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:45 pm 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

There are numerous Browncoats in Rochester and Geneseo. I do the art and advertising materials for a convention in Geneseo year to year and I've always thought of it as an untapped location for shindigs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:09 pm 

Signal Origin:
Upstate NY

I am still wanting to go for NH, as essentially have a theater on board. They serve a full menu, have alcoholic drinks and comfy seats. That being said, I will go where the people are. If there is essentially no interest in NH, it is pointless to push for.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:50 am 

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Rochester tried to have a screening 2-3 years ago with no luck. They ended up going up to Toronto's screening.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:52 am 

Signal Origin:
Upstate NY

Any idea why the screening fell through?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:11 am 

Signal Origin:
Rochester, NY

Outside of the people I met in college, I don't really know much about the browncoat population here. My biggest question at this point was how to gauge interest. And of course it's important to learn from the past. Any information on why it fell through before?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:25 pm 

Signal Origin:
Toronto

I'd have to check back and see if I have any emails left from when I was running the Toronto screenings. I know she had collected a lot of good swag but I can't now remember if it was an issue of not getting a theatre they could afford or not feeling that there was enough interest.
Sorry!
NaziCow_Late, we have to get a screening for you one of these years! You've been trying forever!