CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

Post subject: Seattle CSTS July 19th
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:58 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Seattle Browncoats Charities is proud to present the 9th annual “Can’t Stop the Serenity” charity fundraiser. Join us on Saturday, July 19th at Central Cinema in Seattle, WA for two very special screenings of Joss Whedon’s Serenity (2005):

2:00 pm matinee show – a “family-friendlier” movie screening with pre-show rounds of our very own GeekBingo, a costume contest, and a raffle; $15 (+ fees) presale / $18 at the door

7:00 pm evening show – back by popular request, our “Special Hell” version features the movie with texting-to-screen Hecklevision available to all cell phones present (texting charges may apply), with a pre-show concert from the very fabulous filk duo Vixy & Tony, a costume contest, and a raffle; $18 (+ fees) presale / $22 at the door

SBC will also be set up in the lobby with a table of our own shiny wares if you need another tote bag for groceries or a spare set of pint glasses. Proceeds from CSTS 2014 will support Equality Now, MOHAI, and Seattle Browncoats Charities (for the next awesome event)!

Tickets can be purchased at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seattle-cs ... 1892497781

You can RSVP to the Facebook event and invite others to join you here:
http://www.facebook.com/events/686972661338303/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Welcome back! I really love the idea of a special hell screening ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:07 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Seattle Browncoats Charities planned and executed a CSTS screening on July 19, 2014. We returned to Central Cinema in Seattle for a second year, and this dinner theater location was an excellent venue to work with as well as very popular with attendees. We held two showings: a matinee show with pre-show GeekBingo, raffle items, and merchandise sales; and an evening show with pre-show concert by Vixy & Tony, raffle sales, merchandise sales, and texting-to-screen Hecklevision.

We marketed the event via Facebook and social media, and did not conduct any print advertising due to limited resources. We noted a 40% decline in attendance from last year, which continues the annual trend of reduced attendance at CSTS events in this area.

The variety of pre-show entertainment was well-received by audience, as were the raffle offerings. We had some very attractive raffle items, including a set of donated prints, a pair of passes to “Steamposium”, and a Nathan Fillion autographed T-shirt. Raffle participation was enthusiastic, though gross sales reflect the limited spending power from reduced numbers of attendees. Merchandise sales were modest, reflecting an observed trend that our returning customers have bought everything we have on offer at this time.

The event was planned and marketed solely by the President of SBC. The event was staffed by all 5 SBC board members, in conjunction with AV & waitstaff from the venue. No significant problems or successes occurred at this event.

Recommended practices for a future event
1) Reinstate print marketing at local businesses that cater to target audience
2) Condense event to a single evening show and offer both GeekBingo and live entertainment
3) Overhaul merchandise line-up to have new items to offer customers

Attachments:
Seattleraffletable.jpg
Seattleraffletable.jpg [ 29.03 KiB | Viewed 4339 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:13 pm 
Global Steering Committee

We did the divided raffle in the past, but I never thought to use Chinese food containers for the tickets. That's a nice touch!