CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

Post subject: Welcome to CSTS 2016!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:58 am 
2018 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Fort Worth, Texas

I'll be your captain this year, so I thought it time to introduce myself and the rest of the crew. :)

I'm Annie. This will be my 7th year with CSTS as the lead organizer for North Texas and my 2nd on the Global team. Some of you may remember me from last year, I was responsible for shipping your sponsor packs and merchandise - hopefully everything arrived on time and in good shape. ;)

It's been a busy couple of months for all of us trying to learn all the ins and outs of our jobs. The entire team is new this year with the exception of Julia, our Donations Admin. The learning curve is steep and it's been more than a little daunting, but I think we're comfortable enough now in our roles to make this an exciting and successful season.

Some of you are probably aware that this season nearly didn't happen. After long years of service, most of our previous Global team as well as our Steering Committee members were ready to retire and pursue other interests. The decision was made that if we couldn't find a crew to fly this thing, 10 years was going to be the end of CSTS.

Well, CSTS is just too pretty for us to let it die, and an SOS was sent out seeking fresh volunteers. Here are the big damn heroes who answered the call and stepped up to keep us in the air:

Charlie, Technical Director - Albuquerque Browncoats
Cheryl, Comms Director - Utah Browncoats
Emma, Assistant Comms Director - Adelaide Browncoats
Julia, Donations Administrator - Global veteran, CSTS Narre Warren
Kristin, Registrar - North Texas Browncoats
Liz, Sponsorship and Merchandise Coordinator - Raleigh NC Browncoats
Nyssa, Special Ops - CSTS Halifax

Sheilah and Stephanie - Long time Global veterans and our new Steering Committee members

Please join me in a warm welcome for our brave new crew! Please be patient with them and kind; these jobs aren't easy, but each of these folks are working hard to bring you the best experience possible.

On a similar note, please join me in wishing all the best to our departing Global team and Steering Committee members:

Jen - Steering Committee
Marg - Steering Committee
Phil - Art Director
Liam - Videographer

Thanks to all for your years of hard work and devotion, giving this new crew such broad shoulders to stand on!

The engines are cycling as we prepare to launch into a brand new season. We look forward to serving the Can't Stop the Serenity family and making 2016 another amazing year of good works. Come sail with us!