[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Organizers:

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

Post subject: Organizers:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:41 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

Hi Everyone! Please send me an email with: your organizing committee members (if it is only you right now, I recommend trying to find a "second-in-command"), email addresses for everyone on the committee, primary mailing address (for swag) and a contact phone number.

Send this info to beth @ cantstoptheserenity . com.

Thank you! I know you've posted some of this info in the Organizer section, but this will help me keep organized.

Thank you so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:40 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

I've only received two emails so far.

Please send this information as soon as you have it compiled.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:06 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Northern Wilds of Chicagoland

I can only speak for myself, but we have SO not got our @*#$& together for CSTS 2008 yet, haven't even started talking about it. Hoping to do that soon; I expect that Laura and I will continue to be key players, but I'll send more details when I know them.

Did you send this notice to the Yahoo group as well? People may not be checking this forum regularly -- I only came here today in the vain hope that there was some news about the still-missing pendants. Still nada on that front.

Good meeting you at the ball, and already looking forward to next year's!

Mary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:54 am 

Signal Origin:
MN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:26 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:11 am 

Signal Origin:
Tampa, FL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:38 pm 

Signal Origin:
Chicago, IL

I would like to propose that all prizes should be on hand to be given away.

I'm not trying to knock Brent, but despite his best intentions, out of his control shit happened and screwed plans up.

Last I heard, he was doing his best to send out the pendants, which is fantastic because he's really trying to do right.

But, instead of this dragging on for so long, and having prize-winners who don't have their prizes, (and frankly, leaving a bad impression with the winners) this would not have been an issue if only prizes in the possession of the organizers were given away.

I think there were other vouchers given away and they worked out, so I'm not sure how feasible my proposal is.

How do y'all feel about this?

Laura

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:49 pm 

Signal Origin:
MN

I'm inclined to agree with ixnaying the voucher thing. That doesn't mean that's the best plan for everyone, just my opinion. The pendants problem was a sad affair for everyone, not picking on Brent, and the BMB poster vouchers sort of added to the problem. For my location, both problems affected the same winner since we had packaged items into prize baskets. I'm willing to pay postage to get those items in my hands before the events if they are donated swag. If time is a problem and there's no way of getting that item in time, I'll still list the company as a sponsor, but I'll want that item shipped to me and hold onto it for the next year or if folks object to that, I'll just donate our "voucher only option" to a different location.

Post subject: Re: Organizers:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:12 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:12 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

We're setting up a spreadsheet of contact information for and of all the organizers so if we (your "buddy", me) need to get in touch with you and we can't, there is an alternative point of contact.

So, we aren't requiring information from everyone helping you - just a "second-in-command". Or second and third, if you feel that would be best.

If your other organizers don't feel comfortable giving out their information, they don't have to, but we'll need to at least add your info to the list. It is only accessible by other organizers via Google Documents. Everyone should get an email shortly that they have been added to view the document.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:08 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Adelaide, Australia

this could ultimately help prevent issues like we have with the BMB poster and pendant.. as well as helping prevent new cities just slipping away under the stress when we could help hold them up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:21 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:42 pm 

Signal Origin:
Raleigh, NC