CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

Post subject: Firefly Values Survey
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:14 am 

Hi, I'm the editor of the undergraduate academic journal devoted to the Whedonverses, Watcher Junior. We're doing a survey on what viewers think the values expressed by Firefly are. It's 44 multiple choice questions, but you can add comments if you like.

We're trying to do all of Whedon's works this summer to see if there's a common thread of shared values. We've done similar surveys for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Avengers, and Cabin in the Woods, with a survey on Angel that's ongoing. The results have been fascinating and I'm really excited to see what Browncoats have to say about Firefly and next week with Serenity.

We publish a summary of the results within two weeks, so you'll get to see the results quickly. We're also presenting the results at Slayage 5, the academic conference on the Whedonverses held by the Whedon Studies Association. Please do let me know if you have any questions!

The survey can be found here: http://blog.watcherjunior.tv/2012/06/ca ... alues.html

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 pm 

Also? If you have a paper on Firefly that you wrote as an undergrad, we'd LOVE to publish it. Take a look at our submission guidelines at the journal.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:38 pm 

New survey on Serenity just went live... http://blog.watcherjunior.tv/2012/06/ca ... enity.html

Last one of these until Serenity 2 gets made like it should!