[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - New to the Can't Stop the Serenity Forums

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:26 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Baltimore, Maryland

Hi All,

My name is Mike Dougherty and I'm new to the CSTS boards.

A little about myself:

I live in Baltimore, Maryland
I am one of the fortunate unfortunates who watched Firefly from Sept. - Dec. in 2002.
I am the writer/director of "Browncoats: Redemption" A fan film for fundraising and advocacy of the charities of Joss and the cast of Firefly.
I'm old...ever so more than 21.
I'm married...

and I tend to ramble when I'm nervous...which I just realized translates to typing when in that medium.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:29 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin, TX

Heya, Mike. Great to see you here! :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:35 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

Hi Mike!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:36 pm 

Signal Origin:
Baltimore, Maryland

Completely glad to be here. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:30 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

Hihi Mike!

I can't tell you how fantastic it is to see you here. Ramble on... i do all the time. And you are rambling for a good cause so I believe it's all good.

I still think you are an amazing visionary and have found a unique way to give fans something from their world, while supporting amazing causes. Verily I say sir, that you ROCK!

Oh and WHOOT to! And kudos for setting up a new screening for CSTS as well.

It's good to have you here. Commence to rambling and everything else as you will.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:52 am 

Signal Origin:
Baltimore, Maryland

lol Anne I love you

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:10 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

:oops: The feelings mutual. :) YOU GO YOU! I love creativity and positivity and all those festive things. One good cause deserves another!

:)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:23 pm 

My name is Will Prater and I'm new to the CSTS forums, I recently tried to use Yahoo and Facebook to find help with CSTS Nashville 2009, and encountered a very mixed response. Hopefully I can find some friendly ( and wise) faces on here that can help me make Nashville a little more Browncoat friendly!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:05 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

Greetings Will! I've sent you an email but I just wanted to let you know here, that there are people who are ready to help you. Hopefully everyone is understanding that this is your first event ever (Nashville has never had an event and in fact Memphis was the first time TN ever had an event last year) and are just brimming over with enthusiasm. Being new and wanting to do something mighty for the first time is challenging.

I don't want you to be daunted by some of the responses. I am pleased and proud that Nashville is going to take up the cause and work to do good. We'll help you find ways to make it work, as will many on here. Had it not been for the kindness of strangers last year, I wouldn't have made it until the sale of the first ticket (NC Browncoats STILL have a fond place in my heart.)

Keep your spirits up and be sure to ask Tanya, myself, or any of us on the Global Team if you have questions. And I'm sure you'll find there are many others who will offer some helpful advice here. Browncoats are all about banding together. :mrgreen:

Stay shiny and remember we're here to help.

Warm Regards!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:04 am 

Signal Origin:
Southern California

Is anyone going to call Will to task for spamming over 500 yahoo and facebook groups?

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/nashvi ... essage/989

"Over the last three days, I have joined over 200 groups on Yahoo! and 300 groups
on Facebook . Over the next two days, I will be posting this message to all of
them. If you live in Tennessee and you say you are a Browncoat, please help in
any way you can! Thank you!"

I have asked him to remove private emails he copied to the public Nashville yahoo group. He says he will not.

There needs to be a public apology from Will and the removal of all private emails he has posted.

I don't have the energy or need to fight him on his "if you call yourself a browncoat" guilt trip crap. As if any one of us have the right to say whether someone is or isn't a browncoat.

James

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:29 am 

Signal Origin:
Alameda, CA

I agree with James. Asking for help with your local showing is fine but there is no need to spam all the West coast groups, where the likeliness of Tennessee members is very low, and then question our dedication as Browncoats because we disapprove of it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:56 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin, TX

I do believe Nodgarb said it more eloquently

Let's not continue this discussion in this topic .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:08 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

I agree. This is not the place for people to bash one another. If we need mediation, that's fine, then both parties can send emails to me and/or the team. I personally think this is one time where anger and miscommunication got out of hand and is affecting judgement. However, I don't have all the story.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:20 am 

Signal Origin:
Southern California

Whether or not you think I was bashing, or if there was anger or mis-communication, there is the simple fact that Mr. Prater has posted 6 private emails on the public Nashville forum linked above.

I can't speak for the other 5, but I want my email removed. I have asked him to do this twice. He has refused twice.

I will not be posting about this further in this topic. If the global team wishes to try and reach Mr. Prater about this and come to a resolution, you (and he) know how to reach me.

This is leaving a very bad taste. CSTS doesn't need something like this. Someone in charge needs to step up, get it handled and do it publicly. I will not be a party to sweeping this under the rug.

James

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:36 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

Please see my other post under the other topic. I, nor anyone on the Global Team, are doing any sweeping. Most of us have just been brought into this mess. My previous response to Mr. Prater was to cheer him up and keep him trying. My job is to get as many people on board and to help y'all to success.

No disrespect is intended to any of the parties involved in this.

Right now, it seems to me there IS too much anger on both sides. And until I think about this further and/or have the entire story, I am not sure this is something that Global is in a position to address. It's between you and Mr. Prater.

What is an issue is that if it is not resolved soon, it will start to tarnish CSTS and I cannot have that happen.

I would advise everyone to back away for a few and calm down. Angry heads only make things worse. I want everyone to get a fair shake here but mostly I want CSTS kept outta the mud.

P.S. The word bashing was not directed at anyone in particular. It was a general term.