CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

Post subject: Newcomer to the cause
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:07 am 

Hello everyone, I'm Gerry. A long-time fan of Joss Whedon's works, and naturally Firefly\Serenity. I'm based in North County Dublin in Ireland. I'm a full-time college student in the last year of my filmmaking course. (Hoping to be something of a screenwriter). Have decided to put myself forward for sorting a possible Dublin-based screening of 'Serenity', (and perhaps 'Dr. Horrible' along with it)! ;) Am new to being active in the online community, and now, real life. Look forward to getting to know you all. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:12 am 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Charlotte, NC

Welcome aboard!

I'm so glad you're going to put Dublin back in the line-up.
Ask as many questions as you want. Everyone here is extra helpful and super nice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:16 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

Good to have you!

:)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:56 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Adelaide, Australia

It's wonderful to see some European cities coming back to the party this year. Welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:18 pm 

Good news,

i went to the last screening on 07, was a pitty there was not one last year but we are leaving it a bit late to orginise one this year.
Im sure cineworld cinema would have no problems having us again but we need to get in touch with several companies and retail stores to see if they are interested in contributions this year.

Last time Forbidden planet in Dublin along with others (cant remember the others) gave some little things for the raffle we had afterward s. i think i still have the contact e-mail of the girl who orginised the one in 07 i could dig it out from my old mails, drop her a line and see if she remembers any of the other contributors to the raffle.

Pm me here or on boards.ie if you need a hand with anything. I would recommended orginising a shindig in dublin sometime in the next couple of weeks to get together some interested parties to discuss what needs to be done along with any suggestions they might have

Stephen