CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello from Gateshead UK!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:30 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Hey,
My name is Amanda and I'm organising a screening in the flagship of the odeon cinema chain in Gateshead Metrocentre this year. It's the most high tech cinema in the country - only the best for the Big Damn Movie :D
I'm a first time organiser and am a little nervous about getting everything ready so any help/advice would be appreciated :) I have a copy of Dr Horrible on DVD which I'd like to show aswell - do I need to get permission from anyone first?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:58 pm 

Signal Origin:
Oregon

Welcome, Amanda! If you go to the top of the home page, the "Host an Event" link takes you to the most recent set of guidelines.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:08 pm 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

Welcome aboard, Amanda! It's great to have more UK events starting up!

If you're in need of some ideas or guidance, a great place to start is the 2009 How To Guide. This will be updated for 2010, but in the meantime, the 2009 Guide should give you a good head start. You can download a copy here: https://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/file ... 0Guide.pdf

You will need to get permission to screen Dr Horrible. In 2009, this was organised by the Global Team, and I believe that they will be negotiating for permission to screen it in 2010 also. I'm sure we'll hear more on this from the 2010 Global Team as they progress.

Best of luck! And don't forget that there's lots of support available here, so don't hesitate to ask questions and ask for help :D

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:07 pm 

Signal Origin:
Middlesbrough, UK

Hi Amanda

hello from another newbie to the forum!

It's brilliant to see a CSTS event up here in the north! I was going to arrange one in Middlesbrough, but seeing as how the two cities are so close together I will instead offer my help to you in anyway I can.

I'm in Middlesbrough at the minute but I'll be moving back to Newcastle by the end of next month (if not before). So if you need an extra body leading up to or on the day just give me a shout

Anything I can do to keep the signal alive.

Marc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:08 am 

Signal Origin:
Birmingham / Warwick UK

Hi!
My name is Odile Thomas and I am one of the presenter of Sending a Wave, the UK Firefly and Serenity Podcast, would love to talk to you on one of our podcast so you can tell us what you are planning!
If you are interested in chatting with us then email us at : wave@futilityradio.com or email me at karode@blueyonder.co.uk and we can arrange a time when we can chat! Our next recording session will be the 8th of May, would be great if we could talk to you then!
Hope to hear from you soon!

Odile