[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Website Changes

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

Post subject: Website Changes
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:16 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin, TX

As you may have noticed, the home website looks a bit different! To incorporate the 2009 design, we've gone with a new look. Please direct any problems and issues you notice with the new design to me via PM or email (kazia@cantstoptheserenity.com).

There's a nifty feature of this new theme (which was modified from a free theme). If you take a look at the footer section, you'll notice left and right arrows that allow you to slide through the various footer content. :) I like cool little gadgets.

Another driving point for changing the theme was, to me, to allow more room for content. The previous theme, while adequate, was a bit too narrow to present the information we want. Though I am continuing to tweak it, I am happy with the new theme so far.

Last edited by JenskiJen on Wed May 06, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moved thread into Site feedback area.

Post subject: Re: Website Changes
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:38 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

I like it a lot too. It's shiny and the layout really works for me. Amazing!!!

Three cheers for Kazia - Webmistress Extraordinaire!!!

Hip hip HAZZAH!

HIp HIP HAZZAH!

HIP HIP HAZZAH!

and

Whoot! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:58 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Adelaide, Australia

The text looks a little jagged in the logo and the normal text. is that intedned?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:09 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin, TX

I see no jagged text...so no, it's not intended. Please PM me or email me to discuss this matter further. Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:31 am 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Oregon

Looks great!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:25 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

I can't see the jagged stuff either. I'm combuzzled lol but then that's normal for me. :wink: I think the changes are amazing and fresh. Kazia works wonders with her webtastical interwebz mad skillz! \o/ (You should see all the stuff we keep asking her to do and change, and she keeps soaring through)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:56 am 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

The only jagged text I can see is in the image used for the Forum, not on the website. It looks a little pixelated and not quite as clear as the one used on the website.

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:14 am 

Signal Origin:
Nottingham, UK

Oooh, I love the splitting up of the participating cities by country in the footer - it makes it so much easier to spot showings in your country if you're not from the US! :)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:19 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

Kazia will be pleased to know her changes have made you smile. That was a great update she created. But wait... we're not done... THERE'S MORE! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:18 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin, TX

The Forum image has been resized a bit, that's probably why it appears jagged. Miranda sent me some screenshots, since I can't fix what I can't see! I'm really not sure why the images are appearing like that, as they look perfectly fine on my computer (in 3 different browsers).

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:50 pm 

Signal Origin:
Phoenix, AZ

I love the new look. It's very clean. Great job!

On small, not very important and slightly amusing note...
"Tucson" is misspelled. On the website it says "Tuscon" ...somewhere in Italy I presume... It's very easy to transpose the letters, so no biggie...just thought I'd mention it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:52 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin, TX

*blushes* Fixed. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:17 pm 

Signal Origin:
Phoenix, AZ

interestingly, Tucson holds an annual "TusCon" convention just to make it confusing for everyone! (c:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:19 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin, TX

:)

Added a shiny video. Enjoy. (Thank Diana for shininess)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:59 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Adelaide, Australia

awww. the jagged text is back. it looked so much better when you'd fixed it :(