[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Vancouver, BC Canada - 27 June 2009 (Reg)

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:51 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Vancouver's 4th Annual CSTS event will take place on Saturday, June 27th from 11 am to 6 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre Auditorium. We will be having a Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog sing-along, a Silent Auction (cash only), costume contest, trivia/games, filking and more.

Tickets are $15 and are available through PayPal at our blogsite at http://serenityscreeningvan.blogspot.com ($1 added for PayPal costs), from Happy Bats Cinema, 2830 Main Street (near 12th Avenue), Vancouver (cash only) or from members of the organising team.

T-shirts can be pre-ordered now as well for $20 ($22 with PayPal through the blogsite).

The theatre holds 209 seats, so get your tickets early.

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

Last edited by samatwitch on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:17 pm 

Signal Origin:
Seattle, WA USA - on the Rim

Hurrah! Way to go, Gayle! :mrgreen:

Can't Stop the Serenity - Seattle - 2011- http://www.cstsseattle.org

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:18 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin, TX

Added your city to the cities list on the main site - including "on sale" status!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:10 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Don't forget to announce this on the Canadian Browncoats group too!

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:21 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Edited my original post with the corrected address for Happy Bats - they've moved!!

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:37 am 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:00 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

I wish you could be, too.

Yes, BC Women's was really happy that we're supporting them again, with a higher percentage (20%) this year. They interviewed me for their newsletter and put us in the Annual Report.

We're also trying to work out the logistics of having a sword-fighting demonstration, a la Shindig, but we haven't announced that yet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:05 am 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:02 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Well, sort of, I guess. I haven't put it on our blog, meetup site, MySpace or Facebook yet, though, just in case it falls through.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:33 am 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:25 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Thanks for posting that, Jen. I did actually do a post this afternoon, but I guess I was interrupted before posting and then I had to restart my computer and I must have lost it! :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:26 pm 

Signal Origin:
Toronto

What a great assortment of items. There is something for everyone!
And the tea cosy is enough to make we want to drink tea on a regular basis. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:41 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

The tea cosy is actually a picture of the one I got as a gift - along with the teapot, since I don't drink tea but most of my regular dinner guests do. :)

We also have some numbered prints of local scenery (unframed).

I like your Sony DVD players as items - and of course anything that Alex (Styrofoam guy) does , I covet!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:34 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

My local comic shop, fittingly called The Comic Shop :D, is donating a prize/auction item for the fourth year - they ordered The Firefly Visual Companion, but if it doesn't come they'll give me the hard back TPB of the Serenity comics or even Buffy or Angel. In addition, the manager found a bunch of Serenity hats, key chains and buttons left over from the Universal promo package which he is also giving me. :)

We also have two tickets to VCON 35, our local sci-fi convention, and a book by this year's guest author, Tanya Huff, who wrote the books on which the TV series Blood Ties was based. I'm also waiting to see what a couple of other comic stores are donating. They'll be picked up this week.

I also received the autographed copy of the Firefly soundtrack CD from Greg Edmonson this week. He's such a lovely man, as Lioness can attest.

So things are coming together. Luckily I still have a week before our event because I still have a list of things to do - mostly by me although someone else is doing the program again this year. (I still am the editor and writer, though, and have to get all the ingredients to him!) I took the goodie bag bags and the quotations I put on labels to our Firefly meetup last night and we had all the labels on the bags within about seven minutes. Bodes well for stuffing the goodie bags next Friday. We also got a few more good trivia questions for the Firefly Trivia Bingo we're going to play. Hmm, still have to make up the cards for that - probably part of tomorrow's jobs while I'm at the office.

We still have a few prizes to come in and I have to sort out the Silent Auction items, print and fill in the item sheets, oh, and do the PowerPoint presentation. I have tomorrow and four nights still - totally doable! :D

I'm taking Friday off to get .some extra sleep and relaxation before the big day - and plan on doing nothing at all on Sunday!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:53 pm 

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Absolutely doable! I think that such a public glance into all the hard work you are putting into this will make everyone bid even higher for the auction items, right, Vancouverites? :wink: