[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Hamburg, Germany - 13 September 2009 (Reg)

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:42 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Charlotte, NC

If you end up making a little money, then your event is a resounding success.

Congratulations!

We would love to hear all about it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:38 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Adelaide, Australia

As an idea to reach more people I found facebook advertising a wonderful tool. I did a week long campaign. It cost me $40 which is the limit I set. I was able to target to location zone age and keywords. I was also able to exclude anyone already on the event page thus avoiding the ad showing up on the pages of people who already knew about it. For my $40 I got over 150 direct clickthroughs and sharp spike in hits at our web page in addition to the click throughs. It was shown over 180,000 times. I found it a highly effective method as I could reach a far greater range of people than I could with fliers and posters. I also send messages out regularly to those on the event page asking them to invite their friends. Over 300 people were invited to the FB event. I only thought to set this up in the last few weeks before my event and I'm sure It would have been even better if I had set it up earlier. Considering how little physical posters I had time to put up this year and we increased attendance this year a fair bit, I'd highly recommend people look into this fornext year if they want a cheap easy way to reach their advertising targets.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:25 pm 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

Great recap from an attendee is here - http://hhiob.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/punch-the-reaver/

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:53 am 

Signal Origin:
Germany - Hamburg - Altona

We came out with a plus of 170 Euro, which is a little more than $252. Not quite the world, but due to 25 visitors only, we´re still happy to be in the black. Recap will follow soon and the donation is on its way to EN.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:13 pm 

Signal Origin:
Germany - Hamburg - Altona

So here´s our recap:
It's over. Almost a year after the idea first occured to us, the very first official CSTS-Screening in Germany has been held. Though the preperations didn't start till early in 2009, it still was a lot of work – but boy did it pay off!

When the doors opened at 6:00 p.m., we welcomed about 25 Browncoats, Supporters and Helping Hands. Some just had to walk down the street, some even journeyed from other countries. While everybody was setteling in and examined the merchandise, we managed to resolve the last-minute technical breakdown that took place just minutes earlier. Everything up and running again, the evening could commence.
Roman, Jane, Marv & Henny from the Hambrg CSTS Team

The curtains were drawn and after a quick introduction, Dr.Horrible's Sing Along Blog was shown. Even though nobody actually sang along, you could tell from the laughter that the people were having a good time watching this – at least over here – not widely known musical.

Not wasting any time on the thight schedule, the feature presentation followed shortly after a quick break. The Audience – a mix of die-hard fans and people who had never seen neither Serenity nor Firefly before – all seemed to be thrilled just as planned.

Still pumping adrenaline from the movie, the browncoats then had the chance to convert that energy into raw brutality by bashing the reaver that had been hunted and caged especially for this event. The Browncoats got prices, the reaver got bruises – it was jolly good fun for everyone. Watch our Gallery:

The lottery was also very popular as well as the merchandise that was for sale. Due to the closing hours of our main venue, we then relocated to the cosy Makrele where the remaining items were auctioneered, a quiz was held and the remaining folks had a good time chatting and drinking.

Apart from the wonderful fact that we were able to donate $239.52 USDs (170 Euro) to Equality Now – the evening itself was even better. Self knitted Jayne-Hats, technical advice, good mood, each other– all those things you guys brought along made the the event what it was supposed to be: a real success and a great evening.

See you folks next year!

PS: Don't miss Holger's Report on the event :

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:41 pm 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

It sounds like a fantastic event! I love the excitement and energy in the photos - you can tell that everyone was having a great time! Well done!!

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com