[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Showing love to donors and vendors

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:01 am 

Signal Origin:
Charlotte, NC USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:01 am 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:46 pm 

Signal Origin:
Charlotte, NC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:17 pm 

Signal Origin:
Charlotte, NC USA

Piffle, Tanya. You guys are great. With Charlotte, I get the enjoyment of seeing someone actually open up the straw-filled box and plunk the hat down on his or her head. Priceless!

Besides - I also get to see in person just how much you guys bust your humps to make this thing happen. Heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:22 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:39 pm 

Signal Origin:
Raleigh, NC

I think I may also be one of those guilty cities who didn't follow up, and I am very sorry. I remember sitting down in 2006 and sending all of my sponsors and contributors copies of our event program, with a personal thank you note, but I don't remember if I did that in 2007 or not.

Not to make excuses, but things fall through the cracks here in Raleigh because I'm IT. The person who updates our website, coordinates everything, handles the venue, answers the email, processes the ticket sales, pays the bills, does the PR, buys and/or otherwise gathers the raffle prizes, and last year I designed and printed the fliers, programs and tickets.

I did have people who came and helped me set things up on the day of the event, but that's it. By the time it was all over, I was tired, and had a big giant pile of family and work obligations to catch up on.

I swore I wasn't going to do this again, but here I am doing 2008. Two nights, this time. I do have more help this year, but it's already consuming every spare moment I have, and I'm seriously considering not doing it in 2009, because I can't stand seeing my family and work suffer.

Anyway, enough of my whinin'. You're still listed on our website under the 2007 contributors, with a link. Your biz cards were handed out to everyone who attended. And photos of your hat (in box) on the prize table, and being awarded, are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raleigh-csts/623222797/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/raleigh-csts/623222755/

If you recall, you approved a special write-up that we did in our program about you, your daughter, and your hats. I still have extra copies of the program, so I can still send you one, if I didn't already last year. It turned out great. You got a full-page write up.

And, every year, I personally send the Charlotte screening a "Serenity crew" prize bag. I don't think I've ever gotten a physical letter, but I seem to recall that they do follow up in email and tell me it arrived. :) Y'all are good folks, over there.

~Flame~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:02 pm 

Signal Origin:
Charlotte, NC USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 pm 

Signal Origin:
Raleigh, NC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

I hear you, Flame. The last two years the people on the organising team I had were mostly volunteers for the event, although they all sold some tickets and some put up posters, etc., and of course Serena & Chad really help a lot, even though Serena says she won't get involved! This year I have a smaller Organising Team, but the two new members have already contributed a lot - one using her connections to get us a larger theatre - free for the day! - and the other one using her connections to get items we can use for a silent auction.

This year - in fact in moments - we are ordering tickets to be printed. The past two years I've designed, printed, cut up - and sold most - of the tickets, designed, printed and copied the program, as well as garnered whatever sponsors/donors we have, booked the theatre, sent out press releases, updated our blog, etc, etc, etc (as the King of Siam would say :wink: ) Although someone else has done most of the PayPal stuff, I also have kept the spreadsheets and done the final tallies and written thank yous afterwards.

As I've said before, thank goodness for JenskiJen the first year or I may never have done a second year. Talk about contacts.

I think a lot of us are in the same boat and either this kind of event attracts a lot of control freaks or we've never learned to delegate. (In my case, a bit of both.) :D

Good luck with your event, Flame - and everyone else!

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:26 am 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:49 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

:lol:

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).