|WANTED - CREATIVE ARTISTICAL FOLK
Do you love all things Serenity
? Do you love doing good works? Do you have mad artistic skillz?
Then there’s probably no power in the ‘Verse more compellin’ then a request for you and your awesome creativity.
Calling all Big Damn Artistical Heroes… We’re putting the signal out to those of YOU with the guts and artistic skills necessary to create the Official Promotional Artwork for CSTS 2009
One lucky winner will be featured on t-shirts, posters and promotional material - and we’ve got some great prizes to lure you in. Not only can you achieve world fame, but you’ll also become the proud owner of a very shiny plaque commemorating your supreme artisticness and a Serenity poster signed by the Captain himself - Nathan Fillion!
Should you accept this mission and seek to become an artistic part of the CSTS 2009 crew, you’ll have to follow the basic guidelines listed below. The reward is shiny, the cause is mighty and we’re sanguine (as in the hopeful sense of the word) that the competition will be mighty fierce… what with all the amazing and compelling art you’ll be sending in.
So saddle up, release your inner muses and submit your artwork to us today! We look forward to seeing all that positivity and creativity we know all you Browncoats have stored inside you.Keep flyin’ shiny!
AnneAnd now, we’d take it as a kindness if you’d read up further on the competition guidelines. For more information please continue reading herein below.THE CAUSE:
THE SHINY STUFF:
- CSTS 2009 and Equality Now
- The winner will receive a very shiny reward in the form of a plaque commemorating his/her supreme artistic-ness, and a Serenity poster signed by the Captain himself - Nathan Fillion.
- The winner’s artwork will be used as the basis for the T-shirt, poster and promo for CSTS 2009.
- Additionally, the winner’s artwork will become the face of CSTS’s new and improved website for 2009 and featured prominently therein.
- Your artwork must be original and the work of your own two hands to be entered into the contest.
- You must use the CSTS logo and have it displayed predominantly within the piece you are submitting.
- You may use anything from the Serenity Universe* so long as it is your own artistic rendering. Each entry must be accompanied with the proper form, signed stating this is so. Anyone caught plagiarizing will be automatically disqualified, given to the Reavers and may be subject to further penalties under the law.
- Because this is about Equality Now and Peace in the ‘Verse, there should be no overt violence portrayed within it.
- The winner agrees that his/her artwork can and will be used by CSTS for the purposes of the 2009 CSTS Screenings and events, and that CSTS has the rights to use this artwork for T-shirts, posters and promo until the next contest winner for 2010 has been chosen. The winner further acknowledges that no other remuneration will be given to the winner, except for that expressly outlined herein above.
- Contest is open now, as of January 18, 2009 and all entries must be received by the CSTS Global team no later than February 18, 2009 by 11:59 P.M. Pacific in order to be considered for this contest.
- The Global Team will review each piece to make sure of its relevance and adherence to the guidelines. Those pieces found not in compliance will be returned and not considered unless corrected, resubmitted and accepted by the Global Team. All decisions by the Global Team are final.
- All artwork which meets the guidelines will be posted on February 19, 2009, PST on the official CSTS Website. The voting period ends March 5, 2009 at 11:59 P.M. PST. Only those registered as local organizers and/or part of the Global Team will be allowed to vote and have one vote per organizer/GT member. In the event of a tie, the Global Team will choose the winning piece of artwork from those locked in the tie.
- You may submit up to three pieces for consideration. The Global Team will review multiple entries by the same artist and choose the piece to represent the artist in the contest, unless the artist wishes to designate which submission is to be entered therein. The decision of the Global Team is final once the judging period begins.
- All entries and questions should be submitted to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event the artwork needs to be mailed, please contact the above for specific directions. When you are ready to enter, please contact us for the form to be submitted with the art.
Universal has no problem with CSTS running this contest. However, it should be noted that Universal in no way officially approves the artwork (i.e. it is not their official creation for Serenity) and that the sale and promotion thereof is solely at the discretion of CSTS. Please note that the inspiration for your artwork should come from movie Serenity and not the TV Series - Firefly.
- We will accept any artwork in almost any format: vectorized, rasterized (bitmapped) or real life based (like a sketch or painting) so as to make it as easy as possible for people to enter. We RECCOMMEND a vector based format such as the ones listed below but will also accept raster formats and even physical artwork if need be.
- Because of this, we reserve the right to translate / digitize / clean up any artwork we get to a format and minimum level of quality (resolution / smoothness) needed to look good in all areas that it will be used (web, print, merchandising, video, etc)
- You can create a full color piece of artwork, but it is RECOMMENDED that you create a design that lends itself well to being rendered down to four color, three color, grayscale, AND black and white as this makes it easier to use the design in the various mediums cheaply and accurately (Screen Printing, Dye Sub Printing, Inkjet Printing, Web, etc...) Also, we would recommend using the RGB color space and not the CMYK color space for your digital creation. Transparency / using an alpha channel is allowed and encouraged if needed. Antialiasing will be applied if necessary.
- We will make our best effort to remain true to the original artwork, but for best results, least amount of work for us, and to guarantee highest possible quality, we RECOMMEND the following vector formats (in order from best to worst):
- EPS - Encapsulated Postscript File (Vector Mode, NOT Bitmap Mode)
- SVG - Scalable Vector Graphics
- AI - Adobe Illustrator File
- Most other vector formats such as PDF, SWF, EMF and WMF will also be accepted but are not preferred
- If you prefer to submit your artwork in a raster (bitmapped) based format, we will still accept it, but we may translate it to a vector based format if, for example, the resolution is too low. For raster based submissions, we RECOMMEND a print dpi setting such as between 300 dpi and 600 dpi and we RECOMMEND the following raster formats (in order from best to worst):
- TIF - Tagged Image File
- PSD - Photo Shop Document
- XCF - G.I.M.P. Document
- Most other raster formats such as PNG, BMP, JPG, and GIF will also be accepted but are not preferred
- If you do not have access to or experience with professional graphic design programs such as Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop and do not wish to purchase any specifically for this contest, we would recommend using Inkscape (found at http://www.inkscape.org ) for Vector based formats. If you must use raster based, we recommend the GNU Image Manipulation Program aka G.I.M.P. (found at http://www.gimp.org ) or GIMPshop (found at http://www.gimpshop.com ), a version of GIMP tailored to people who are familiar with Adobe Photoshop. All of these programs are legal to download and use free of charge.
- Last but not least, if you are not a digital artist, and would like to create your artwork in a real world medium, such as sketching or painting, you may mail the artwork to us if you are not confident in your ability to acquire a high quality scan of said artwork. We can scan it, but we reserve the right to translate it into a vector based format, which may lose some of the nuances of the medium it was originally created on. Also, we can not guarantee the ability to return the artwork to you.
CSTS Global 2009
|Last edited by JenskiJen on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|No longer current so changed to Standard Topic.