[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Next up on the auction block...Cedric from the Bedlam Bards!

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:07 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin, TX

Last year, Cedric of the Bedlam Bards auctioned his performance at a CSTS event. Guess what... he's doing it again this year! Here's the news from Cedric himself:

Ni-Howdy, Browncoats,

I’mmmmmm back! Would you like to have Cedric from the Bedlam Bards perform at your local Can’t Stop the Serenity screening? Well, here’s how:

In order to raise both funds and awareness for Equality Now, I am auctioning myself on eBay. Well, technically, I’m auctioning a performance at the Can’t Stop the Serenity screening of your choice. Even better, the profits (minus a slight percentage for my time) from the auction go to the CSTS screening of your choice, so it’s a double whammy, but in a good way!

But wait, that’s not all! You also get steak knives. Steak knives? To heck with the gorram steak knives, you get something a lot shinier than that.

A number of Browncoat artisans and celebrities have come forward to donate these prizes which the auction winner GETS TO KEEP: Items TBA.

Wow, if I weren’t ineligible, I’d be bidding just to win that stuff!

So here’s the info on the auction:

It will be on Ebay and the auction will start on February 27, 2009.

(We will send a reminder out so you know when to get ready, get set… BID!)

The listing lasts only 10 days, so bid early and bid often!

Please be sure to read the whole listing before bidding; the winner will have to pay the “shipping costs” for getting me to the screening and putting me up while in your part of the ‘verse.

I’ll see you at your screening,

Cedric
http://www.BedlamBards.com

P.S. Please feel free to spread the word and post this message everywhere you can. Let the whole gorram ‘verse know what we Browncoats are doing!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:07 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin, TX

Thanks to Simon for posting this on Whedonesque.

http://whedonesque.com/comments/19183

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:03 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Charlotte, NC

Cedric was at our screening last year. And I have to say -- he was AWESOME!

His performance helped amp up the energy and enthusiasm with the crowd. I would really recommend trying to win him for your city.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:13 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

Yes Simon has been amazing. Everything I send to him, he gets right up and is very awesome to deal with.

WHOOT CEDRIC!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:34 am 

Signal Origin:
Charlotte, NC

Am I missing something? For 3 days I have been looking for the auction that we have on our site to start on the 27th, but can not find it. Does somebody have the url to the auction?

:?:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:44 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

Lurch, it should be up shortly. I'd posted in a couple places that due to my going to the hospital we were a couple days off. Hopefully it should be up tonight and we will be sure to send out the link to everyone. Thanks for your patience and your awesome enthusiasm. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:22 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

IT's UP!

Go to http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0386467933 and bid on a bard!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:24 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

Okay everyone!

It's up! Go bid on a bard!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0386467933

=)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:32 am 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:38 pm 

Signal Origin:
Seattle, WA USA - on the Rim

That's one lucky city (wherever it is)! Cedric is a fantastic performer and will get the place rockin' for certain. :mrgreen:

Can't Stop the Serenity - Seattle - 2011- http://www.cstsseattle.org

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:19 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

hee hee hee! I know who the winning city is. WHOOT!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:25 pm 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:42 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Eureka, CA

HAHAHA Someone on the forums said they liked it when I teased... AND NOW I Can't stop.... :mrgreen: