[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Seattle, WA USA - July 17 - Registered

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:14 am 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Seattle, WA USA - on the Rim

Seattle is set up to have another fun-filled event in 2010!
July 17th, Saturday @ MOHAI (Museum of History and Industry). We have a plan (yes, it's better than a way) and details will soon be posted. http://www.cstsseattle.org
And that's not the only great news....the Seattle Browncoats have set up for non-profit status!
*the crowd goes wild!*
Yup. SB Charities now exists in the real world.
:mrgreen:

Can't Stop the Serenity - Seattle - 2011- http://www.cstsseattle.org

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:32 am 

Signal Origin:

Raffle for Shiny Goodies, Firefly Fashion Show and Door Prizes! Social Hour and Tasty Treats! Maybe even some Live Music!
It's gonna be a not-to-be-missed shindig!
Now where can I find a floating chandelier??
:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:16 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Sounds like fun! I don't think I'll be able to make it though. :(

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:59 pm 

Signal Origin:

Tickets, t-shirts, tote bags, raffle tickets and terrifying space monkeys are now available for purchase at !
(just kidding about the space monkeys...) :wink:
Details on the raffle baskets and donated goodies will also be listed so you'll know which prize package you want to spend your tickets on.
Please note: No tickets will be mailed. All tickets and swag will be picked up at Will Call on the day of the event.
Questions?
Shoot off an email to info@cstsseattle.org or send a tweet to http://www.twitter.com/Sea_Browncoats
Aim to misbehave with the Seattle Browncoats on July 17th, 2010!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:21 am 

Signal Origin:

The details in one, easy to read post:

Here's the news you've been waiting for!!

Seattle's 5th Annual Charity Movie Event for Equality Now -- Can't Stop the Serenity 2010!!

When and Where: July 17th, Saturday @ MOHAI (Museum of History and Industry) -
Time: 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm (Doors open at 4:30 pm - movie starts at 5:00 pm)

Created by fans of the movie Serenity, Can't Stop the Serenity (CSTS) has become a worldwide benefit movement in support of Joss Whedon's favorite charity, Equality Now - an international organization that works against violence and for the protection and promotion of human rights for women and girls around the world. http://www.equalitynow.org

Activities planned so far:

Joss Whedon's shiny sci fi action-adventure movie, Serenity

Our CSTS special presentation will be a live music mini-concert featuring:
- filk singers and songwriters of and - composer of the album, . Let's put our hands together for our favorite Firefly songwriters and musicians!
NOTE: This concert is included in the full event ticket only.

Costume/fashion show with door prizes for those brave people who come in costume

Raffle baskets filled with awesome goodies

Browncoat social hour with munchable appetizers and beverages

And Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!

Our amazing committee is still dreaming up plans and exciting events to take place for this years' shindig so keep your communicator open for further details.
Ticket details:
ALL TICKETS WILL BE PICKED UP AT WILL CALL ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT
$15 advance/$17 day of show (movie and raffle only)
Event Tickets: $30 advance purchase - includes Serenity screening, raffle prizes, social hour and appetizers, special music concert, costume/fashion show, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and another 'Better Chance of Winning' Raffle!

Tickets, t-shirts, tote bags and raffle tickets are available for purchase on-line at CSTS Seattle (http://www.cstsseattle.org) so check the website for merchandise and ticket deadlines.
For anyone who already bought their "movie only" tickets, there is a chance to upgrade to a full event ticket so you don't miss out on this great evening of music and mayham. Send an email to info@cstsseattle.org with your request and the ticket sale folks will treat you right.

If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, well? Why not? Click your way over to http://www.cstsseattle.org/tickets.html and get your hands on a pair...or more.

T-shirts - $20 each - Sizes available: S-5X (black) in unisex and women's style. T-shirts are only available for purchase online and must be picked up at the event. This year's artwork for the t-shirts is by awesome local artist, Check out the shiny design ---->

Word of mouth is our friend. Tell everyone you know, send a text, post on Facebook/MySpace/LiveJournal, Tweet about it! We aim to misbehave!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:26 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Sounds like a shiny event, Traevynn. Wish I could be there.

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:16 pm 

Signal Origin:

Wish you could be here too, Gayle. It's been far too long since I've seen the BC crew. If you happen to be in Victoria next weekend (Independent's Day get-away for me and mine), come say "Hi"! It would be great to see you again.
Hope this weekend goes super well for you!
Cheers
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:12 pm 

Signal Origin:

With one week to go, we're begging, bribing and bullying as many people as possible to buy tickets to our event so if you happen to be thinking about attending, grab your "brownish colored" wallet and head over to for a frenzy of ticket purchasing! :)
This year's event is filled with movies, music and munchable munchies. And don't forget...Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog will be screened as well as our beloved, Serenity!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:31 am 

Signal Origin:

This is it, fellow crew members and lucky passengers! The final countdown has begun to our 5th Annual CSTS event at MOHAI on Saturday!!
This year, we have something unique - Live Music by Vixy & Tony, and special guest; Marian Call!

Bring your non-perishable food items for Northwest Harvest, who will be receiving a portion of the donation proceeds from the event.

Sing along with Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog,

Come in costume and get a chance at door prizes during the Firefly Fashion Show!

Raffle baskets are full of awesome goodies this year:
Bed & Breakfast room @ Eason Estates;
Presidential Accomodations at Embassy Suites;
T-shirt autographed by Eliza Dushku (Faith on Buffy, Echo on Dollhouse);
Mini Poster autographed by the cast of "Serenity";
DVD's & BluRay of too many different movies and TV shows to count;
Handcrafted items from the Firefly/Serenity universe by Faceless Autumn;
Dark Horse comics including the Wash float-out;
Quality collectible figurines and graphic novels from the Buffy-verse;
Passes to MIFFF (Maelstrom International Fantastic Film Festival) and t-shirts for fashionable wear;
Paramount Theater performance passes to "Burn the Floor" dance extravaganza;
Global sponsor donations - T-shirts, DVD's, unique artwork, CD's, beverage coasters, hand-crafted soap...
and more, More, MORE!!! (my fingers are tired from typing)

Tickets for the full, DELUXE event (includes the movie; Serenity, raffle, music, food, fashion show, Extra special raffle and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog screening) are available on-line for $30 until Tuesday, July 13th. That's TOMORROW!!
There will be tickets available at the door on the day of the event ($17.00) for the movie and raffle only. Deluxe tickets for the full event can be purchased ($30) at the door but because of the need to pre-order, food will not be available to those who buy on the day of the event.

Got questions? We've got answers so fire off an email to info@cstsseattle.org and let us know what's on your mind. See you in the 'Verse!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:51 am 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

I live no where near this event and I'm excited.

-shakes his fist in the general direction of Seattle for being not close at all, but close enough to be tempting and inviting, and in the end, infuriating at a distance-

Seriously though, knock 'em dead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:10 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Good luck, Robyn. Wish I could be there.

(But I will be at the San Diego one, along with several other former/current CSTS organisers!)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:02 pm 

Signal Origin:

Thanks William! The tickets you "Seattle-ized" look gorgeous! You are totally awesome! I put you on our brochure that lists the sponsors/donors/shiny people that helped our event. I'll send it to you if you like.

Gayle - have a great time at Comic Con! It sounds like a fantastic place to have CSTS. Send a wave from Seattle to all the organizers you meet up with!

*deep breath*
:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:35 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Keep breathing and keep smiling, Robyn, you'll have a fantastic event, as always. Can't wait to hear more about it afterwards.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:20 pm 

Signal Origin:

Xie xie, Gayle! BTW - Cora made sure to say 'hi' to me and she also won an AWESOME raffle basket! One of these days, you'll make it to the event and I'll be sure to give you a big hug. :wink:

This year the event was the smoothest and least problematic so far. We've learned to be flexible and not worry too much about things taking longer than predicted and it also helped to have gotten a few extra minutes to stay late and clean up.
I'm sore and stiff and running on almost no sleep today but it felt like it was a job well done. The live music was fantastic with Vixy & Tony and Marian Call and all the local musicians that joined in at the last minute: SJ Tucker, Sunnie Larsen, and Betsy Tinney. The last song was, of course, "Mal's Song" and hearing it sung with enthusiasm by a large crowd made me tear up a bit; "honestly, there could be tears." :cry:
We used William Pace's beautiful boarding passes that he designed and was kind enough to modify with our date and a Seattle stamp on the back. There were many comments on the commemorative ticket with statements about saving them forever. :D I have to agree that mine is going into a place of honor.
More details to follow and photos will be posted on Flickr (do we still have a CSTS Flickr page?) and the Meetup site.
Signing off for now - gotta go count raffle tickets to see what the donations will be.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:47 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Sounds like a great event, Robyn. Congratulations!