[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - I think I fell out the airlock

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:58 am 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Good for you for taking up the torch that RoseIvy has wielded so well the past few years. Any questions you have, don't hesitate to ask. There's usually one or two of us 'old-timers' around who'll be able to answer. ;)

Good luck with your event.

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:51 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:04 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Sorry, I should have said "long-time organisers". :D Besides, you're still younger than me until I find that time machine. :lol:

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:42 pm 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

I believe the words you were looking for may have been "seasoned" or "expert" organisers. Coz don't most "old timers" get a bit fuzzy around the edges and a tad loopy? That's certainly not how I think of you guys! lol

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:02 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Expert works for me! :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:26 pm 

Welcome aboard! You've got questions? We've got answers! Also, we've got hysterical laughter once in awhile. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:34 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Don't forget the exploding heads - or should we leave that information for later? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:39 am 

Thank you.

I did full out the Registration form, won't be locked in until I can get with the Theater Rep, which I am still trying to work on the details of dates at this point with the Riverview.

I'll get to that in a few days here. Maybe sooner

One thing we're kind of worried about is Dr. Horrable's Status, are we showing it again this year?

Cuz I think, at least from talking to Rose that was our big draw last year.

And I think we'll have less of a draw if we don't have it...

Also if someone could pass me the infomration for where to send the Browncoats: Redemtion Essay that would be helpful, I have a team getting ready to write that one for us, so data on what, excatly they are looking for would be helpful so I don't have to dig for it.

Thanks

Brice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:54 am 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

The Browncoats: Redemption information is here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=975 (Organisers Only section).

As far as I know, the Global Team are still working to secure the rights to show Dr Horrible at 2010 events. It's a surprisingly complex and difficult task.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:09 pm 

After talking with the Riverview Management, we have hammered out the following dates for our CSTS event in Minneapolis, MN.

Thursday, August 12th 2010
Friday, August 13th 2010
Saturday, August 14th 2010

Thanks

Brice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:18 pm 

Lead Organizer and Co-Organizer,

Congratulations! Your Can't Stop the Serenity event has been approved.
For any further questions about your event, please contact
info@cantstoptheserenity.com.

Stay Shiny,
Ken Garriques
Registration Coordinator

----------------------------------------------------------

Is that...it?

Now what happens?

Like when will we be listed on the website as an event?

Whats my next step?

Anyone?

Thanks

Brice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:53 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Now you start selling tickets, putting up posters, handing out flyers, getting sponsors and donations - the real work. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:17 pm 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

Congratulations! Now that you're registered, your event will be listed on the website by the web team, and you'll have access to the Organisers Only area where there is lots of information and resources to help you plan your event.

You can also read the for more ideas and guidance on running a CSTS event.

Best of luck!!