[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - lost contact info

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

Post subject: lost contact info
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:38 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Adelaide, Australia

anyone know how to come back from losing sponsor, venue, and licensing info thanks to someone deciding to remove my access to my csts email account without talking to me and not returning the access when queried? It's definitely making it very hard for adelaide to finalise anything, as i'm having to start from scratch trying to find contact details for all these people.

any ideas?

i'm at a complete loss as to how to recover all this information we need without it taking weeks of my time chasing through people.

Post subject: Re: lost contact info
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:23 pm 
Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Portland, OR

Dear Miranda,
if you are really going to organise an event for 2010 please pre register to get re-accessed.

I'd be surprised that an organiser with your experience doesn't have other records or memory of the info you need but i'm sure other Aussies will step up to help you and I will too.

Please remember you told me specifically you were not planning on organising or volunteering with CSTS any longer, you did not last year either.

I apologise that we did not warn you again that we would be removing old accesses and emails, I was informed that you had been notified last year though not recently and I am sorry. Kethra found the time to do an overdue job and I did not ask her to send out notifications, once again I am sorry.
Please decide soon and keep us updated on your decision whether or not to organise an Adelaide event, I'll be very happy if you do and will see what extensions we can provide to you to get caught up.

have a good week

PDXBrowncoats 2005-present
CSTS2010 GO

"clear light in the sky"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:26 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Adelaide, Australia

Umm. see now this is where you having no involvement on the baords previously is an issue.

I ran an affiliate event last year, and quite a successful one. The only reason it was not a fullblown event was that the person who was supposed to run the event pulled out a few months beforehand and stepped back up and threw something together, so don't give me that as an excuse. Just because i am not RUNNING an event this year, doesn't mean you get to assume i am not the chosen 2IC by my replacement.

It was discussed with Anne last year that i would be able to keep my account due to issues pertaining to when i was on team global dealing with certain sensitive issues. At worst i was told i would be granted an adelaide@cantstoptheserenity.com account which i could transfer emails to. this never happened, and to have my access removed without warning (this dicussion happened months ago) is really a breach of privacy if it has not been deleted, and frankly rude as not to give notice so i can remove the emails. If you checked your mailing list, this is the address i have been getting all my gloabl emails from. So now i dont have those either.

I am very dispelased with the current attitude of not discussing things with people before taking action. no organisation or company would delete or remove access to an email account without notification to clear out what is needed. (ie a 2 week warning)

It's really quite disappointing. i've come to expect better treatment from CSTS global, instead of them assuming things and doing things with my account without talking to me prior to it happening.

I dont mind the email account being closed, it is the doing it without fair warning that bothers me.

Adelaide will hopefully be preregistering shortly, although as far as we knew, veteran cities did not need to do so formally, and i had stated in these forums that Adelaide was in the planning stages.

You may not like me, fine, but you are punishing my successor in your attempts to get back at me. i've run 3 events, and assisted with our first in 2006. how many have you run? how would you feel if you had been there since day one and were treated with so little respect and treated like a newb? you owuldnt like it, so please stop treating veterans organisers in this way. we most likely know more about csts than you do, and your treatment of us, only helps in alienating us, and making us feel unwelcome and more unlikely to continue with the cause.

CSTS has always been about a group of fans, with global to coordinate us, please dont turn it into something altogether different. you aren't a president of a company, you answer to us, and all the attendees across the globe.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 am 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
The Portland of Oregon

Miranda,
You're not running an event. You're not a member of Global. Your city is not pre-registered, which includes information on who the 1IC and the 2IC are. At this time you aren't a 2IC either (the reg form is where this info is located). There is no punishment here. You are simply not involved with an event. Asking for access to organizer information and information for people who are involved with an event when you are not involved doesn't make sense. The issue here is not Global. If you think otherwise, then I'm sure you can continue discussing it in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:50 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Adelaide, Australia

regardless of whether i am or arent an organiser isn't the issue here (although the excuse of me not being one last year is apparently part of the 'reason' my access was denied). removing my email access is certainly not polite without discussion, and is not helpful in organising an event, or in organiser handover.

we need to treat all people on this forum as potential organisers and 2ICs, whether they were, will be in 2 weeks, or 2 years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:42 pm 

Signal Origin:
The Portland of Oregon

Miranda,
From your earlier post it does appear there was discussion with Anne about your not having access to your e-mail account and the possibility of having another address set up for Adelaide. Although this was not done, the information was out there. It was therefore your responsibility to back up the information you required before access was lost; not Anne's, not Christine's, not Global's. Period.

This does not appear to be a matter of treating all people on this forum as potential organizers. The folks on this forum all have the opportunity to become organizers and as such have access to information they need. Unless they become organizers, there is no need to have this information. If they are no longer organizers, then once again they no longer need access to organizer resources and are removed from organizer resources. So far that is happening and thus there is no issue here in regards to that.

Your city is not pre-registered or registered and at this time you are not listed as an organizer or a 2IC. The bottom line, and the main issue here, is you are still requesting access to something for which, at this point, you don't have a right to.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:26 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

Miranda,

My accounts are being closed, as well. I was fortunate to at least be given the courtesy of a heads-up, but likely because the lovely CSTS webmistress is also an Austin Browncoats Board Member.

I'm sorry your email account was closed without proper warning. It's just bad form.

Keep supporting Equality Now - which is why we all started organizing events in the first place. That's the important part. All the bureaucracy, politics - it's just fluff. (IMHO, of course.)

Good luck!
Beth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:01 am 
Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Portland, OR

PDXBrowncoats 2005-present
CSTS2010 GO

"clear light in the sky"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:00 am 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

Licensing Contact for Australia:
Annisa Zainal
Roadshow Films Non-Theatrical
Box 2581 GPO Sydney NSW 2001
P: 02 9552 8685
F: 02 9566 0105
Annisa_Zainal [at] roadshow.com.au

Sponsor Contacts:
I can provide some contacts for potential Aussie sponsors if you'd like, or help you track down info for past sponsors. If you can let me know who you're looking to contact, I'll see what I can find out for you.

Regarding your cantstoptheserenity.com email account, it is my understanding that you were contacted about this in mid-2009. At the time, a review was being conducted about all cantstoptheserenity.com email accounts set up for folks that were no longer involved at a global level, as part of a general IT spring clean. Since domain hosting and webmail is paid for by the GO, it is reasonable that they should not have to bear the cost of email accounts which are not relevent to their team. I understood that you were asked at that time to review the contents of your account and forward any important emails to your own personal email account, and I'm sorry that you did not get around to doing this. I was not aware of a request to set up a cantstoptheserenity.com account for Adelaide, so I can't comment on that at all.

Please also note that this has nothing to do with whether you were/are/will be an organiser/team member of a local event. Forum access is a completely separate matter.

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com