[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - 2011 Promotional Art Contest: Vote Now!

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:53 am 
2011 Global Team

Signal Origin:
California

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:04 am 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Argh. I am torn so hard between #3 and #4.

Although on #3 "anniversary" should probably change to "annual", to avoid the misnomer used last year (a misnomer I'm fairly certain I backed without realizing).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:03 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

I agree that Annual would be better but if we count the first CSTS event as the "First Anniversary" of the release of Serenity, it would work.

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:19 am 

Signal Origin:
Oregon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:19 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

The Buddha one is an interesting, different visual; however my thought is that anyone seeing that on a poster or t-shirt is going to look at the word Serenity with the Buddha and assume it is talking about a meditation workshop. Unless you've seen the movie numerous times, I don't think you'd associate the two. (I don't think I would and I have seen the movie many, many times.)

On the other hand, when I'm wearing one of my CSTS shirts with "Serenity" and the space ship image on it, people who've seen Firefly and/or Serenity, will come up to me and start talking about it or asking me questions about CSTS. It happened again yesterday at work. :)

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:04 pm 
2011 Global Team

I'm kind of obsessed with #7. The leaf on the wind theme is great and the art is so gorgeous. The only thing that's stopping me is that on a tshirt, it kind of looks like 1 boob.

But I love it!

-Tara

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:01 am 

Signal Origin:
Nashville, TN/Scottsville,Ky

I am firmly backing number 8. Different colors will look good on any color shirt....like the use of Kaylee's parasol.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:36 pm 

Signal Origin:
Beeston, UK

#8 is the stuff, we agree. But I am impressed with all of them to be honest, the workmanship and artistry on all is exceedingly high :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:12 pm 

I think having the distance impact of telling people what it is without having to walk over right next to it to read it #3, #4 (although a touch dark to read from a distance) and #8 are best.

For range, #3 is the most complete entry(with patch, shirt and poster) and I think it would be between #8 and #3 for me except the ship coloring on #8 mutes the impact of the overall image which throws my vote to #3.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:31 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

It was between #3 and #4 for me, too. I really liked the style of patches and the idea of bookmarks show in #4, but #3 grabbed my attention right away: bold colours, simple design that says it all - the ship, the 6th annual, and the CSTS/EN logos. It would draw attention to any poster or t-shirt and people would either know right away what it represents or be inclined to ask (in my opinion).

I can't wait to see what the final decision is.

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:42 am 

Signal Origin:
Nashville, TN/Scottsville,Ky

Actually...its the 6th Anniversary reference that pulls me away from that design. The swoosh is cute and all..but the 6th Anniversary 6th Annual thing makes the semantics argument....problematic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:54 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Since everything last year said 5th Anniversary (see logo above), it would make sense for anyone entering this year to put 'anniversary'. As Lioness pointed out, this year is the 6th anniversary of the last of the Serenity prescreenings; on the other hand, the Global Committee could make an executive decision to change it to 6th annual on all the media. (If last year was our 5th, then this year has to be our 6th - just make it the more accurate 'annual'.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:32 am 

Personally I find the whole notion of trying to make "anniversary" work an after-the-fact rationalization. It was an error. I know because I spent a lot of time chatting up last year as an anniversary, and I was wrong to use the term, heh. I think it makes more sense to correct the error moving forward. YMMV.

Also, vote #3!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:08 pm 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

I agree that if we use a number to refer to the number of CSTS years, we should be using "6th Annual" instead of "6th Anniversary". Should artwork showing Anniversary be selected, I recommend that the Art Director have this modified to "Annual".

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:30 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

If artwork with Anniversary is chosen, I should think the artist would have no problem changing it, as long as they did it very quickly so that it didn't slow everything down.

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010