CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

Post subject: T-Shirts and merchandise
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 am 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Raleigh, NC

I notice that this year the CSTS global website has a "merchandise" tab. Does this mean you plan to sell CSTS t-shirts and other logo merchandise directly (rather than -- or in addition to -- going through the cities/venues/coordinators)? I think this would be great. In fact, we've had several requests that "we" (meaning us here running Raleigh's shindig) put past and current CSTS logos on Cafe Press so people can buy swag... but then we have to explain that it's not "our" logo, it belongs to global. And then, of course, the next question is, "Well, then why doesn't global make this stuff available?"

Raleigh stopped selling shirts last year. We wanted to streamline our event process, so we took a long hard look at what reaped the most benefit for the least stress. Shirts were a big time consumer, for very little funds raised (on the flipside, our raffle is INCREDIBLE). And the early deadline for ordering shirts always meant scrambling for a chunk of sponsorship money above and beyond the big chunk o' cash we have to pay our venue up front, to reserve the date and cover the movie rights, since we don't usually have many tix sold by early May.

Without shirt sales, we raised more money for EN and KNTR last year in one night than in previous years, so obviously we didn't miss them. But we do still get requests now and then. It would be nice to be able to say, "You can order some from the CSTS website."

~ Flame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:39 am 
2011 Global Team

Agree! We didn't have a NYC event last year and I totally missed out on the shirts. :( Ordering through the site would be great for people who don't live in cities with CSTS events.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:36 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Flame, we only order t-shirts for those people who have ordered and prepaid. Last year we did buy an extra t-shirt and hoodie for our auction so that those people who didn't have a chance to order could bid, but there are always people who don't or can't preorder and I'm sure some of them would like the chance to buy directly from CSTS.

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:08 pm 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

Online ordering is something that may be considered in the future, but it's not available this year.

If folks are looking for merchandise, the first best place to go is your local event. If that's not an option or they've sold out, you can post your request here. Some cities have leftovers from events, so it's always worthwhile asking.

Please note that prices may vary depending on the city (plus shipping), and there are no guarantees that folks will have what you're looking for... but it never hurts to ask! :)

Patches are also available from CSTS Global - Anyone wishing to order patches should to merchandise@cantstoptheserenity.com and you will be put in contact with Sean. Patches are $2.00 each, plus shipping. There are 70 available.

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:33 pm 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

Melbourne, Australia as a wide range of shirts for sale.
We have Mens (M-2XL), Ladies (S-XL) and Ladies V-Necks (S-XL).
All shirts are $20 plus shipping.
We also have 2010 and 2011 patches for $6 each plus shipping.
Email csts [at] newmelbournebrowncoats.com to grab a CSTS souvenir!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:05 am 

Hi

My name is Meghan and I would love to get my hands on this year's T-shirt. I'm looking for a Men's 2X but I would take an XL also. I did try to e-mail Melbourne but I may have ended up in a spam folder. Also, since I am in Colorado, a US source may be easiest.

edit: I forgot to mention that the best way to reach me is at megharrod@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 am 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

Hi Meghan, I can hook you up with one from Melbourne if you like. PM me and we'll work something out. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:23 am 

JenskiJen,

I really appreciate your response and the offer. I will strongly consider it but I still have my fingers crossed that I can find someone in the U.S. so I don't have to pay $20 for shipping plus the $20 for the shirt. Thank You so much. I will get back to you soon if I don't hear from anyone else.

Meghan