[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Vancouver, BC (Canada) - June 25, 2011 (registered)

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:02 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Thanks, Lioness.

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:57 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Samatwitch, How did it go? Were there great evil laugh contestants? Did everyone go crazy over the silent auction?

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:56 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

It went well. We didn't sell out this year, which was a disappointment, but we actually have made more money so far and we have one item to put up on eBay within the next few days, so I'm hoping that will garner us a few more dollars. Our official photographer has put photos up on as well as that of CSTS.

We had some good candidates for the Evil Laugh contest, which was won by a young boy. Not too many costumes this year, which I attribute partly to the pouring rain in the morning, but those we had were good.

Both the local webseries went over well and the creators were very pleased with the audience response and seeing their product on a big screen. And the delicious, delectable confections made by C&C Cakery were exquisite and delicious. There was a wedding in our building that afternoon and even some of their guests came and bought from the table! Except for me being without a home computer for the last two weeks - and continuing (and one major crisis) - everything went well and I'm quite pleased. People are already talking about next year!!

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:06 pm 

Signal Origin:
Edmonton, AB

Web:
Twitter:
Facebook:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:55 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Our estimated total is just over $4600, with a couple more small payments to come in, plus an eBay auction item to go up - hopefully this week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:55 pm 

Signal Origin:
Newhall

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:06 pm 

Signal Origin:
Toronto, Canada

Congrats. It is always great when people have a good time and say they will be back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:11 pm 

Signal Origin:
Edmonton, AB

Yay! Can't wait to see that auction item ;)

Web:
Twitter:
Facebook:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:24 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

And here it is:

A Once More With Feeling songbook signed by Sarah Michelle Gellar is now up on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0809044221

Please spread the word and bid. All proceeds will go to EN and BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre Foundation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:44 pm 

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Wow :shock:
That is a great item!
I've put up a post to it on Whedonesque so that should help generate interest.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:06 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Thanks, Lioness. That's great. Hopefully we'll have lots of people bidding!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:37 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

An update on our eBay auction: The signed songbook final bid was $355 US, which came to $309 after eBay fees and US dollar conversion. With a couple of last minute donation from two committee members, our total came to just over $5,000.

I have just sent $4,000 Canadian (about $4,050 US at the moment) via PayPal to Equality Now. (For those who were worried about EN having to pay the PayPal fees, you can opt to pay them at your end, which is what I did.) We will be sending a cheque for $1,000 to our local charity, BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre Foundation, once I can get together with one of my other co-signers.

The $5,017 raised this year brings the total raised by CSTS Vancouver over the past six years to just over $20,000. Our goal for next year is $6,000! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:51 am 

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Wow. We toss these figures around but think of it. Equality Now has over $4,000.00 more than they did before because of Vancouver's hard work. And we know that will go a long way.
Thanks Samatwitch.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:01 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Thanks, Lioness. I remember the first year when I was so happy when we broke even - we ended up making about $1700, I think. I was delaying sending the money for a couple of days, hoping the Canadian dollar would go back up again to make the US total higher, but it seems to be staying just above par.

I know BC Women's Hospital will be pleased with their $1000, too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:01 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Have submitted our registration form for 2012 and have requested a license.

In that vein, my first Christmas card this year was a beautiful electronic one from the people I deal with at Audio Cine Films where we get the license.

I also got an e-mail from Jewel saying that of course if she's in town she'll come to the screening! I'm not going to hold my breath on that one since it's still months away and she's been booking shows but at least she's back in town now so it makes it a bit more likely. Speaking of Jewel and shows, her new show, called "LA Complex" debuts on CTV and MuchMusic on January 10th, 9 pm it appears, but check your local (Canadian) listings. There are six episodes and they are hoping to get a second series. She is loving the part she is playing.