[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Nashville, TN/Scottsville, KY August 5-7 (registered)

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:02 am 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Nashville, TN/Scottsville,Ky

We will be holding the weekendlong WhedonFest 2011 event at Barefoot Republic in Scottsville Ky, August 5-7th , 2011.

The physical address is 8824 Brownsford Rd., Fountain Run, KY 42133.

Preregister at http://www.whedonitesunited.com

It is an Hour , 20 minutes from Nashville, 2 hours from Louisville, and just under 3 hours from Knoxville. The weekend price includes meals and lodging in the border planet environment that is Barefoot Republic. We will have discussion panels and contests in addition to the movie viewings that go on all weekend. We also have a costume contest, shindig, and lots of other activities to keep you entertained! Show up early Friday for our family board game night! Its an excellent chance to get to know your fellow Browncoats and general Whedon fans!

Last edited by CSTSsquid on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:57 pm 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

Welcome aboard! Glad to see more and more Browncoats on the move.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:52 pm 

Signal Origin:

Thanks William! I went from attendee of the First WhedonFest in 2009 to Chair over the 2011 event. I think there was a train job..or possibly just some railroading ..involved.
People that go to various conventions, or just view other people's photos from such events may recognize me from my button covered Browncoat of Many Colors and my Jayne Scarf.

Attachments:
BRWNCOAT.JPG
BRWNCOAT.JPG [ 128.71 KiB | Viewed 9065 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:48 pm 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

If Doctor Who was a Browncoat...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:56 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

CSTSsquid I recognize some of those buttons! You got them from Toronto's own Ma Cobb, as designed by ElizaLavelle, both members of the CSTS Toronto crew.

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:59 am 

Signal Origin:

I have buttons from all over the 'Verse! There is a California Browncoats button in there....a large selection of buttons that I got from Firefly Cargo Bay..some random character buttons I've bought from independent button makers at cons....as well as the five buttons that I had made that appear in the 2010 CSTS intro video. The collection is always expanding...

Attachments:
BUTTON5.JPG
BUTTON5.JPG [ 60.49 KiB | Viewed 9032 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:00 am 

Signal Origin:
Tennessee

This is going to be a fantastic event! As Squid's evil sidekick, I plan on running a costuming panel for sure and maybe perhaps a Paint Your Own Parasol event? We haven't hammered all of the details yet.

Also! Louisville folks! We'll be seeing you April 22-24th at ConGlomeration doing some promoting!

Look for me, I'll be the one looking like a sheep on its hind legs....

XOXO - Courtney

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:33 am 

Signal Origin:
Tennessee

We're a month out from WhedonFest 2011, and you can still Pre-Reg at www.whedoniutesunited.com

So far we've got a good group signed up and I'm wanting to see more folks in Scottsville, KY in August!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:31 am 

Signal Origin:

or maybe www.whedonitesunited.com
: )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:41 pm 

Signal Origin:

3 Days and counting! Pre-registration has closed but you can still come out to the best little Browncoats Camp in the 'verse and register onsite! If you are in the KY-TN area, look for us on Facebook at Whedonites United! We have a campsite that looks like you could find it closer in to the Central Planets side of the Outer rim...Far enough out that a man can avoid Alliance entanglement, but close enough in that you can spend the entire weekend inside with the AC running if you don't like being sweaty. Of course, you'll never get to see the Paintball Re-enactment of Serenity Valley if you don't go out sometime....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:49 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

This sounds as though it will be so much fun. I'm looking forward to the reports and the pictures.

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:47 am 

Signal Origin:

Loading the supplies and preparing to go into the Black as we speak...just need to get my dinosaurs on the dashboard....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:47 am 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

GO NASHVILLE! Man, I wish I had your number. Oh wait....I have the registration sheet! Mwah-hah-hah!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:05 am 

Signal Origin:

Still figuring up the totals; could take some time to get funds transferred to the same account
Wfest11_009.JPG
Wfest11_009.JPG [ 2.04 MiB | Viewed 8760 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:24 pm 

Signal Origin:

OK...Facebook people..here's a link to our event photos...
This food is problematic..
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 048&type=1

and the general photos
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?s ... 1631361048

Enjoy!