[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Los Angeles, CA - June 25th (registered)

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:59 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Southern California

All the theater, ticketing and more info coming very soon!

James

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:52 pm 

Signal Origin:
Newhall

Just to update you all, we are SO very close to being ready to announce our event. It will be June 25th, so keep that date open, seriously! :wink:

Therese

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:23 pm 

Signal Origin:
Newhall

This has just been posted, tickets are now on sale!! I couldn't be more excited!

2011 Can't Stop the Serenity Los Angeles

The California Browncoats present a SoCal Browncoats Can't Stop the Serenity Event.

Mark your calendars for June 25th! That is the date you and your friends will want to be at the Harmony Gold Theater in Hollywood. This will be an event to remember. Trust me, you don't want to miss it!

As you may know, the money raised at Can't Stop the Serenity events each year goes to Equality Now. I am are honored to have special guests Amanda and Jessica, executives from Equality Now, with us for the evening. They are coming from New York to personally thank us for our continued support of Equality Now. Pretty shiny, yes?

Well, that's not all.

I said you wouldn't want to miss this, right? That's because I am very honored to announce that Joss Whedon will be with us that evening. He wants to say a few words in person to the Browncoats for supporting Equality Now and Can't Stop the Serenity over the years. This is your chance to represent fans around the world.

The evening of June 25th will roll out like this*:

5PM-8PM - Theater Lobby Open for tickets, sales, donations
5:30PM - 7PM - Theater open for seating and pre-show events (auction, meet & greet, etc.)
7PM - Introduction by Jessica(EN) and Joss Whedon
8PM - Serenity
10PM - Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Tickets are now on sale at www.californiabrowncoats.org/?p=453

$20.00 General Admission
$25.00 Limited Reserved Seats (25 available)
$50.00 Limited Reserved Seats, plus a Limited Edition Dollhouse lithograph (50 available)
$100.00 Limited Exclusive Meet and Greet with Joss Whedon (10 available, does not include a screening ticket)

Feel free to come in costume, Firefly/Serenity t-shirts, Jayne hats, etc. but please, no prop weapons.

Parking: There are two lots that each hold 50 cars, and there is ample street parking. We encourage you to carpool!

7655 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046

Food and drink are not allowed in the theater, only bottled water. There are a variety of restaurants up to 4 blocks east of the theater, here are a few:
Cheebo 7533 Sunset Blvd(pizza and pasta)
Toi on Sunset 7501 1/2 Sunset Blvd.(Thai)
El Compadre 7408 Sunset Blvd.(Mexican)
Sunset Grill 7439 Sunset Blvd.
Sunset Thai Cuisine 7513 Sunset Blvd.
Gate of India 7300 #D Sunset Blvd.

Remember, if for any reason you are unable to attend the screening, you can still make a donation at the CABC page linked above.

Keep an eye on the event page for schedule changes, additional special guests announcements and ticket availability.

100% of the proceeds from all sales and donations (less paypal fees and theater expenses) will be donated to Equality Now.

*schedule is preliminary and may change. No more than 75 reserved seats will be available. Theater capacity is 380 seats.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:30 pm 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

Congratulations on the the visiting support from Equality Now and special guest of special guests. The man himself.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:05 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

What makes the limited reserved seats different from the General Admission?

And Hooray for Joss and Amanda and Jessica attending! How I wish I was on that side of the continent!

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:07 pm 

My paycheck needs to be deposited sooner...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:44 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Congratulations on your special guests, especially the extra special guest! I'm sure you will represent all of us who organise and go to CSTS events very well. :)

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:23 pm 

Signal Origin:
Newhall

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:16 pm 

Finally someone gets Joss to come to one. Is this Jessica's first also, or has she done screenings in NY?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:25 pm 

Signal Origin:
Newhall

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:17 pm 

I think I only remember the people at M.E. Day that I already knew. Also, it takes me up to five times meeting someone for them to click in my recognition-challenged mind.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:15 am 

What happens with a General Admission ticket? Are we assured that we'll get in or can we be turned away? If we can be turned away, do people usually camp out? How serious are we talking here :P

Also, what's the deal with refunds. I fear I've bought too many tickets and I would like to give some back...

eta: Hi Bix! I saw you at comic con once :) I was too shy to say hi though ...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:54 pm 

Signal Origin:
San Diego, CA

Everyone with a general admission ticket is guaranteed a seat. People will probably start lining up a few hours before the lobby opens.

If you need to get a refund on a ticket, you can request one through the transaction details in Paypal.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:21 am 

Miraculously, as of today I am in. Flights are booked.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:34 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

That's great news. Have a good time, as I'm sure you will.

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).