[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Chicago, IL - August 20 registered

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:06 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Northern Wilds of Chicagoland

It's almost showtime...!

We'll have some returning favorites like the costume contest and auction, and this year, we're happy to welcome our special guest for a little musical interlude. Luke is a filker who's well-known among the convention crowd for his parody songs, which have also been featured on Dr. Demento. Luke is no stranger to "Firefly" and "Serenity," and I'm guessing with a little encouragement, we might just get him to sing "A Man Named Jayne" for us....

More details at:

http://www.chicagolandbrowncoats.com/ca ... y/theater/

Hope to see you at the show!

Last edited by MaryQueSera on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:41 am 

Signal Origin:
Beeston, UK

Our affiliate event in the UK is on the same day, perhaps we could link to each other somehow if you like?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:47 pm 
Past Global Team

Hi! I've been to most of the Chicago events, and I'd like to say, they're always great!!! If I can be of assistance, please let me know!
Jacque

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:32 am 

Looking forward to this. 1st time going to one of these. I have only been a BrownCoat since December, when I 1st got a hold of the dvds.

As soon as tickets for this are on sale I'm ready.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:35 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:09 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:11 pm 

Signal Origin:

Hey, folks, sorry to be incommunicado for a bit -- real life, blah blah blah.

We hope to have ordering info up very soon -- VERY soon, if we're going to make the deadline for ordering T-shirts and such. If you'd like to get any of the hoodies or women's style T-shirts, they MUST be pre-ordered before June 5, so please check back here before then. I'll get the link posted here as soon as it's ready to go.

And, hey, Jacque! Thanks for the endorsement! Glad to hear you've enjoyed our past shows. If you'd like to be involved in planning for this year or helping to get the word out, or being one of the "all hands on deck" for the show itself, or all of the above, PM or EM me and I'll put you in the loop. That goes for anyone who'd like to join in the crew. We can always use help with publicity, getting sponsors lined up, and set-up on the day.

Thanks everyone (and thank you Lioness, for commenting in my absence!)

Mary
P.S. Firefly76, PM or EM me too -- do you have something in mind vis a vis linking the events?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:18 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:04 pm 

Signal Origin:
Beeston, UK

Hi Mary,

I think time zone wise, our event will just be finishing as yours kicks off, we thought we might upload a YouTube vid perhaps showing our event and wishing you good luck for yours - just to show your folks over there how global the cause really is, what do you think?

Matt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:17 pm 

Signal Origin:

Huh. That sounds like an interesting idea. Let me talk to my folks and see what sounds workable. What time are you starting?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:55 pm 

Signal Origin:
Beeston, UK

We start our event at 3pm Greenwich Mean Time (London) and go on until 10pm-ish, but we are happy to upload a "Greetings Chicago" video to YouTube, then send a link for you to show at your event or something like that. Our Event is primarily a wedding celebration but also costume party so hopefully we'll have loads of Browncoats to say hi in costume :-)

It's just an idea, but we are going to be uploading video anyway, a short one for you guys would be no problem, and might be a bit of fun.

We'll talk more if you think it's a go :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:15 am 

Just found out about this from the fuckyeahfirefly tumblr. I can't wait for August 20!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:40 pm 

Ahh I didn't notice I could pre-order tickets going to be doing that today. Going to be dragging some non browncoats along hoping this converts them.

If you need help spreading the word let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:02 pm 

Signal Origin:

Great to hear you're coming -- and dragging some non-Browncoats along as well! (Aside: Bwahahahahahahaaaaa.....) We're looking forward to a fun-filled night! (See the top post for our latest announcement!)

We can always use help getting the word out to more folks. I hope to be posting some flyers and handbills at our website sometime in the next few days. Feel free to download them and get them out wherever you think is appropriate. It's funny where you find people. Last year I left a stack of our promo cards near the cash register in our office and found a whole bunch of Browncoats among my co-workers. Even quite a few who I hadn't personally introduced to "Firefly"...!

Mary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:54 pm