[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Meet Joss Whedon at CSTS Los Angeles on June 25!

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:01 am 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:11 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

I wish I could be there, but no money and CSTS Vancouver on the same day just don't work. (Where's Hermione's Time Turner when you need it??)

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:15 am 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

So who watched? The sound was rather iffy at first but by the time they had the Q & A, it was good. And such great surprise guests! Jane, Tim and Nathan!

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:36 am 

Signal Origin:
Oregon

Loved every minute of it! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:12 am 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

We had technical difficulties all afternoon, but mended them in time to tune in for the live broadcast. Thanks, LA!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:38 am 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

That was great! LOVED the reactions to the Intro DVD.

<a href="http://www.justin.tv/geekweek/b/288864091">And you can re-live it all here!</a>

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:48 pm 

Signal Origin:
Newhall

Thanks everyone. I think that was the most nerve wracking part of the evening. And I couldn't tell if it was working, as I was working!! We were able to get Joss, Jessica and b!X interviewed after Serenity started, and that footage will be added to the video and available soon.

Insider scoop: I watched Jessica give her intro talk, then Joss wanted to see the crowd's reaction to the DVD, so we all (Joss and his wife Kai, Amanda, Michael, Felicia, Nathan, Jane, Tim) and some of my team, walked around to the theater door and crept in. The audience was totally attentive, and when Joss came on the screen, well you heard what happened!! I know there were more than a few moist eyes after that. We all then had to rush back so that Jessica could introduce Joss. After that, it was a bit of a blur for me, but we pretty much kept to the timeline I had made, and we even managed to get everyone out of the theater a few minutes before our cut off time!!! I had the time of my life, and knowing that so many people were watching and hearing about Equality Now's work, and seeing Joss, and being able to participate in the Q&A via Twitter, WOW!! It will be hard to duplicate this next year, but I am going to give it my best shot!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:03 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Congratulations on a fabulous job! I watched the video last night and enjoyed it very much. I really liked the speech that b!X gave - and thought he did it well. And of course the Q&A was just what we would have expected from that crowd. ;)

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:35 pm 
2013 Global Team

Signal Origin:
WeHo, CA, USA

I thought I'd post this here - I was asked by James (danregal)/SoCal Browncoats to design the program for the LA event, and I had a ball doing it. Adam (lexigeek) had asked me earlier to be on call for the Global design team months ago, but since then he'd asked me to do exactly NOTHING :mrgreen: so I was feeling like I hadn't really contributed to CSTS 2011 until this came up. I was so glad to get a chance to make something...

I want to note that James & Therese of SoCal Browncoats helped create the best possible environment for making good graphics - they gave me plenty of lead time, no micro-management, and were flexible as the concept changed & grew. (If more people knew these secrets-to-obtaining-good-design, the world would be a much better place. :mrgreen: ) James contacted me on May 18th, and he & Therese & I skype-met the next day - and even though we knew there would be last-minute info that would have to be included, I was able to get going on the bulk of the design right away.

And the other cool thing is that they sent me a dummy for William Pace's very cool ticket designs, just so I could see it, and I had enough time to ask him if I could use his EN background design. He very kindly gave me an eps file to use, and that background went a long way in tying all of the event art together, and making it look richer. (I included the Kalidasa Transport ad in homage to his very cool art & travel theme.)

This was such a blast to research and produce - I would jump at the chance to do another one another year. :mrgreen: (It is, from left to right: the cover, the insides, and the back cover.)

(A larger version can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/quotergal/ ... otostream/ if you don't feel like killing your eyes trying to read this one. I didn't want to make this thread any wider than I already had...)

Last edited by QuoterGal on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:08 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

It's so beautiful, QG. What a keepsake for the people who went.