[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Vancouver, BC - June 9, 2012

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:41 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Pictures of our signed comics are now up on the blog. http://serenityscreeningvan.blogspot.com

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:51 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Pictures of some of the books available at our event are now on the blog: http://serenityscreeningvan.blogspot.com

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:42 pm 
2019 Global Team

is it wrong for me to want to do a tour of all these great Events?

I hope you have a great time!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:04 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Thanks, I hope everyone who comes has a good time - and spends lots of money! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:46 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

If you want to see what Inara might have had in her shuttle, check out the latest picture on our blog - our newest auction item, brought to us by the creative mind and hands of QuoterGal! http://serenityscreeningvan.blogspot.ca

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:23 am 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

The event is sooo close. I'm excited and I can't even be there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:32 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

:D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:07 am 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

Knock 'em dead tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:56 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Thanks, William! We are also pleased to be able to show a sneak peek of a five-minute rough cut of a new animated series, produced in Vancouver and starring Jewel Staite as what looks to be a kick-a$$ young woman.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Your screening just keeps getting better & better!

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:57 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Thanks, Lioness. For the most part it went well, once the early crises were solved- all before anyone arrived, thank goodness.

The Reaver Dancers were great and the audience loved them. We had time after the rough cut clip from Animism (that Jewel's voice is in) so the audience could ask a couple of questions of the producer and writer that had come. And the live auction was a success.

We had fewer people and we raised less money unfortunately, but a number of people made it a point to say thank you and how much they enjoyed the day.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:58 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Congratulations on a successful screening. People had fun, you didn't lose money and a donation will be made to Equality Now and the Avalon Women's Centres.
I call that a win! :D

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:21 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Thanks. Overall it was a good day. The audience still loves Joss's Equality Now speech and the introduction video was well-received. I had to go out so missed people's reaction to the EN 20th anniversary clip that Joss wrote. I got a bit choked up talking about it when I introduced it and then warned them that they all might as well. It's a pretty powerful piece.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:37 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Sorry it's taken so long to post our final numbers. We got one last bill from our company customs broker and I wanted to make sure that they weren't going to charge us additional fees.

Our final numbers were:
$2,888 CDN to Equality Now, which has been sent via PayPal (75%)
$ 577 CDN to Avalon Recovery Society Women's Centres (15%)
$ 385 CDN to BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre Foundation (10%)

for a total of $3,850 CDN

The cheques to the two local charities are just waiting for one of my co-signers to be available so that they can be sent as well.

Not as much as I would have liked but every dollar helps, I know.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:36 pm 

Signal Origin:
Halifax, NS, Canada

That is a donation to be proud of!