Switch to full style
Post a reply

Nashville, TN/Scottsville KY August 3-5

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:04 pm

We will return to our little Cabin in the Woods for WhedonFest 2012. Come join us on the rim for an even that includes several film screenings, family game night,sing-a-longs, shindig, costume contests, introduction to cussing in Chinese, raffle, auctions and the paintball re-enactment of Serenity Valley!
In a few days, pre-registration will open at our website at http://www.whedonitesunited.com
or come find our group page on Facebook for year round Whedon News and fun!
Jj

Re: Nashville, TN/Scottsville KY August 3-5

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures from this weekend! And I really want to see that scythe!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:47 pm

In 30 minutes I get off work and then the next 40 hours minus a few for sleep are planned for nonstop prep, shopping for meals, and mayhem! Let the shenanigans begin!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:44 am

......aaaaaaaaand we have tickets and schedules now.
Attachments
WF2012010.JPG
WF2012010.JPG (250.54 KiB) Viewed 3655 times

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:45 pm

SO, back home and still in recovery. We had some bumps in the road, literally...the final stretch of road to the campsite had a closed road and detour that I didn't know about until I got there! Fortunately the detour was pretty well marked, and didn't effect everyone's normal route to the site. We also had some missteps with forgotten video and sound equipment, and had to cancel some games on the schedule because the props for the Buffy Obstacle course and the croquet set for Thor's Croquet set didn't make it. Even so, we had an increased number of attendees. Sadly, that equates to increased cost for the site and additional food expense. The net for the charity is down a little from last year, but we still think we're gonna have around $1800 for the charities once all the final bills come in.
Back soon with final numbers!

Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:41 am

There seemed to be a number of groups this year with problems with equipment! Glad it worked out to be a success though and congrats on increased numbers. I look forward to hearing your final tally!

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:22 am

I've sent the e-mails to Anne Sullivan and KNTR and the Global team, so now its time to unveil the final numbers here!
WhedonFest 2012 August 3-5 , Nashville, TN/Scottsville, KY raised a total of ....
$2,013.19!!
75% to Equality Now = $1,509.90
25% to Kids Need to Read = $503.29
We had a bigger turnout this year, but slightly higher expenses as a result.
Since we quit splitting 3 ways to go to a local charity, this means we actually sent more to KNTR than we did last year!
Thanks to everyone who made this possible!
Jj
Post a reply