CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Australia. Shoalhaven Browncoats presents Nowra's very first CSTS Event!!!

Friday, August 3rd.
Nowra Players Theatre. 27 Metoo Street Bomaderry, NSW. (across the road from Bomaderry train station).

All tickets: $15

Doors open at 6pm (times subject to change).

Screening of Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog 7pm (subject to change).

Raffle and other activities 8pm (subject to change).

Screening of Serenity 8:30pm (subject to change).

For further information please visit our Facebook page or contact us via email shoalhavenbrowncoats@gmail.com.

Last edited by Egore108 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:57 am 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

What does the membership package get ya?

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:13 am 

We're still discussing the particulars, but you'll receive a bag of goodies, a shirt with a Shoalhaven Browncoats logo and maybe a badge. Basically it's for the members of the audience who understand what Serenity means to us Browncoats and wants to spread the word. They may also get better seats, undecided if that means allocated seating or just that they will get to choose their seats first. Cause everybody has a diffent preference when it comes to 'the best seat in the house'.

The cost of the members package might go up to $25 depending on what the goodie bags set us back. We'll keep you posted :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:29 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

What an interesting idea. I might steal that for next year. ;)

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:51 pm 

I'm glad you like the idea, feel free to use it next year. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:12 am 

For those of you who don't know, we had our very first CSTS event on the weekend and I'm pleased and proud to announce that it was a HUGE success! We raised $800 for equality Now!!!

The night started strong, a greater turnout than any of us Browncoats expected. The screenings started with Doctor Horrible's Sing-A-Long-Blog, and that was almost a disaster!! Bluray troubles and computer troubles caused the movie to freeze and glitch, but everyone enjoyed the film, laughter was louder than our surround sound, and with a quick computer change, the problem was fixed by the time Serenity came around.

There was a lot of prizes given away, and some truly wonderful cosplay. All in all, our first CSTS event was better than we thought it'd be, in every single way.

There was one other accident, which turned out to be in our favor. The 2012 Intro Video was played before Doctor Horrible, instead of before Serenity, and this gave viewers an idea of how important Equality Now is at a very early stage of the night. We found that after Doctor Horrible, at the intermission, people were buying extra raffle tickets and digging that little bit deeper for donations, and I feel this is due (in most part) to the Intro Video being played when it did.

My suggestion to all the cities yet to have their event is to play the Intro Video early on. It raises awareness before it's too late for people to really dig deep. A lot of my attendees were friends and family members, and were there to support me personally, and didn't fully grasp the importance of the event til the Intro Video place in right in front of their face. We might find this is true of a lot of people attending our events.

Just a thought. Good lucky to all who are still yet to host an event, and congratulations to all who are done for another year. 'We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.' - Mal.

Signed, Elye McGrath, Captain of the Shoalhaven Browncoats.

Peace; Literal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:00 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Congratulations - it sounds like a fun and successful event.

That's a good idea about showing the preview message early.

I included pictures from our beneficiaries (with permission, of course) and some facts about them in our PowerPoint presentation that plays while people are coming in. I also talk about why we are here when I make the opening remarks, but that remarkable piece by the three women at EN's 20th anniversary was very powerful.

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:00 am 

Signal Origin:
Halifax, NS, Canada

Congratulations! Sounds awesome!

Good idea re: the intro video (which, right, I have to download! *gets on that*). We were planning to show it right before Serenity, but maybe I'll see if we can shuffle things and still make the schedule work.