[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Announcing the 2011 Global Event Coordinator

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 pm 

Signal Origin:
Phoenix, AZ

We are delighted to announce that the 2011 Global Event Coordinator is William Pace from Logan, Utah, USA. William will be responsible for coordinating next year’s fundraising effort, and will be commencing his role immediately.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:03 pm 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

First, thank you, all. Your support and your confidence make the trip worth taking.

My name is William Pace and I am a volunteer. I might have said that I'm a Browncoat, but I serve in that capacity so much, that the two words have become synonymous to me. I cannot now remember a time when I was not a Browncoat, and by association, a volunteer. Most of the devoted Browncoats that I know serve and serve and serve again, bringing their respective gifts and ideas to the proverbial table of our fandom in a tireless effort to spread the word about Firefly and the necessity of Equality Now. What is a volunteer...?

vol·un·teer /vol-uhn-teer/ –noun
1. a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.
2. a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.
3. (Military, or in this case, BROWNCOAT) a person who enters the service voluntarily rather than through conscription or draft, esp. for special or temporary service rather than as a member of the regular or permanent army.

Working for Can't Stop the Serenity is a pleasure, but it is work. Make no bones about it. Those who step up to the plate year to year and make our affiliate events and city screenings happen, do so with a love and understanding for a work that can't be stalled, procrastinated or forgotten. When you strip away the love and friendship of gathering with fellow Browncoats, only the raw necessity of the charities remain and we must keep working.

A child who learns to read can learn to seed the world with understanding, empathy, industry, and the full measure of themselves unhindered by the weight of illiteracy. Knowledge is power. Reading is paramount.

Equality Now is defined in its name. Equality. Now. Not tomorrow. Not a week from now. Not a generation removed from us like so many problems that we pass to our children. Now. Afterall, what reason could we possibly have for wanting it later? We already have wont of it for ourselves and everyone that we know.

There are many more causes and they are causes. They carry a weight of importance. They exist because they are needed.

Forgive me if these remarks seem heavy and wonting for some brevity or a happy anecdote. It just needs to be said. I've been involved enough with CSTS to see the writing on the wall, and that wall is covered in its fair share of casual platitudes. We cannot afford to become too comfortable in our respective places. We need to remind ourselves that what while many of us have much, much of us have but little. We need to wake up the drifting and even apathetic members who once so willingly attended and donated to our respective causes. We need to start now and commit every person who attended this year and last year to bring two new fans to the family. Just two. Let every fan bring but two new Browncoats to each and every event and there's nothing that we cannot do.

It's time to volunteer. You all have something to give, even if you don't know what it is. Make yourselves available as organizers or to organizers. Offer yourselves as a donation, giving of your time, talents and energy. You are Browncoats. Stand up and be counted.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Give the fans a lever and they'll move the Verse.

-William T. Pace
2011 Global Event Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:30 am 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Congratulations William!

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:33 am 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

And to you, Sheilah. And let me take the opportunity to introduce our Global Shepherd, Sheilah O’Connor of Toronto. She'll do the office proud.

Also, Adam Levermore joins us as Art Director for 2011 and I couldn't be happier. If you don't know who he is...

...for shaaaaaaaame. You can see his work here...

http://adamlevermore.com/

Get to know these people. You'll be glad that you did. Better Browncoats are hard to find.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:56 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

Congrats to all! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:19 pm 
Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Portland, OR

Congratulations William,
It's been a pleasure to work & talk with you over 2010 & I'll be available to you as long as you need for 2011
CSTS is lucky to have you, thank you for volunteering

PDXBrowncoats 2005-present
CSTS2010 GO

"clear light in the sky"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:22 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Oregon

Congratulations, William!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:49 pm 

Congrats to the new GC and team. Have fun!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:58 pm 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

Thanks, everyone. Just picked up a cell phone and I'm upgrading my computer. So many little things to do.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:39 pm 
2011 Global Team

Signal Origin:
California

Thanks, William. I may be slightly touched in the head to take this on, but I'm looking forward to it!

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:57 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Congratulations, William - and Sheilah (aka Lioness) and Adam! Sounds like we'll have a great team this year.

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:45 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

Thanks all. I'm looking forward to this.

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:21 pm 

Signal Origin:
Seattle, WA USA - on the Rim

Hooray! Congrats to William, Lioness and Adam (I remember you from B3! "Follow the Hat!")!
I look forward to 2011 and the fun we're gonna have! Browncoats are uber awesome folks.
:mrgreen:

Can't Stop the Serenity - Seattle - 2011- http://www.cstsseattle.org

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:39 pm 

Signal Origin:
Nashville, TN/Scottsville,Ky

Sorry for the delayed post! Congratulations and good luck, in whichever order you need them!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:29 pm 

Signal Origin:
Toronto, Canada

Well congrats to all.