[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - Hello from Nottingham, UK

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
Beeston, UK

We are (my fiancee and myself) Browncoats in Nottingham, just checking in.

Looking forward to CSTS in 2011, hoping to hold our own Affiliate Event to celebrate our wedding in August!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:09 am 
2019 Global Team

Signal Origin:
Logan • Utah • Hera

Welcome aboard, check in often, and congratulations on the big, upcoming events.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:36 pm 

Signal Origin:
Nottingham, UK

Can I recommend getting in touch with the University of Nottingham Science Fiction & Fantasy Society? They have organised a full event the last two years and are planning to again this year. I'm sure they would appreciate any support/be willing to help with your affiliate event (also, not sure how CSTS Global would deal with two events in the same place).

Their email is sffsoc@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:38 pm 

Signal Origin:
Beeston, UK

Thank you, will keep that in mind! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:37 pm 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

It's so exciting to have a wedding as an Affiliate event - what a first for CSTS!

And since it's so different from the events that the Nottingham University group has been organising, I don't see that there would be any problem having two events in the city.

Best of luck!! :)

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 am 

Signal Origin:
Beeston, UK

I can't see it as being a problem having two events either, as our Wedding isn't a Screening at all (we will be having children about and can't risk upsetting them with Reavers jumping out at them...) - we are looking more at a Costume Party with Auction and Raffles :-)

Plus, I think there will probably be almost a month between both events, as the wedding will be the end of August, and I assume the SciFiFanSoc will hold the screening event towards the end of June :-)

Two events in the same city can never be a bad thing though! The more we can raise, the better!