[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - I think I fell out the airlock

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:34 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
MN

Howdy from Minnesota. I'm Roseivy, organizer of the Minneapolis, MN screenings. This will be my 5th and final year of running the screenings here. While I've been pretty silent due to busy life (aren't we all?), I've been reading my organizer emails and thought I was keeping abreast of pertinent details. However, I find that I've lost my organizer status and cannot see some of the forums.

Of interest is the talks of Dr. Horrible being available for screening again this year. If there's a public forum for this, please point me in the right direction. We're shooting for an August screening again this year, but cannot gauge size of this event until we know if Dr. H is on the ticket, nor will we set our dates until this is known.

Please don't leave us out.

Roseivy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:48 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin, TX

As someone asked and was answered there as well, we are still in talks with Joss and co. re: Dr. Horrible. As soon as we hear anything at all, everyone will be informed.

No one will be left out. Cleaning out the Organisers list on the forums was a necessary process because we had nearly 100 organiser accounts from further back than just last year, and not all were active. This wasn't personal at all, and was just a housekeeping measure to get a clearer picture of the current active organisers.

An easy way to get status back is to submit a legitimate pre-registration form - where you just need to know the 2 main organiser names, projected dates and venue (doesn't have to be exact) and city location. This gives access to the 2 event organisers listed on the form, so be sure to include forum ids on the form. Once everything about your event is finalized, then you can submit the registration form and be included on the front page of CSTS as a registered city. If you want your event listed on T-shirts and posters, you will need to be registered before March 31st, as listed in our .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:17 pm 

Signal Origin:
MN

March 31st deadline is evil. eeeeeeVeeeeeeeeeL.

I will report back to the Gestapo as soon as we get a solid date.
Meanwhile, folks interested in attending the Minneapolis, MN CSTS screening for our 5th year, please join and watch http://www.mnfirefly.com for news, as we've done for years and years now. It will definitely be at Riverview Theater again. We love them and they love us.

AUGUST, woot!

***BIG EDIT HERE***

Upon further reflection of matters, I've decided to not run the Minneapolis event. It's been a fantastic run, and I thank everyone for their support.

I know that none of my crew who has worked with me is interested in running the event without me, so a call for a new Minneapolis organizer is going out immediately. Anyone interested may PM me.

Take care everyone
Roseivy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:36 pm 
Global Steering Committee

Signal Origin:
Toronto

We will miss you Roseivy!

Global Steering Committee 2016 -2018
Global Team - 2011 to 2015
Event Organizer - Toronto 2006 - 2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:34 am 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Sorry to hear you won't be helming CSTS in Minnesota this year, Roseivy. We will definitely miss your words of wisdom and humour, exploding heads notwithstanding. :D

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:33 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Adelaide, Australia

Always sad to see another veteran step down. This year seems so full of bright shiny new organisers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:10 pm 

Signal Origin:
Northern Wilds of Chicagoland

Expanding on Miranda's comment, yes, it's very sad to see RoseIvy step down -- by all accounts, she ran an excellent show that only improved year after year.

Sadder yet to see the community lose her experience and ideas due to her being removed from organizer status. (Full disclosure: I am a four-year veteran and also am locked out.) Whether or not she's actively organizing this year, should she choose to visit the forum from time to time, I for one would welcome her input.

I understand where Global may have felt some "housekeeping" was in order, but, really, was there no room to grandfather in those members who have run screenings for several years running? I don't know what discussions may be going on in the organizers' area, but some of that information may impact if, or how, we do our screening.

Just my $.02 on the matter.

Mary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 pm 

With all due respect, the founder of the whole CSTS screening movement was locked out of the organizer's forum...because he wasn't an organizer. This precedent was started way before the 2010 Global Committee and GSC came on board.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:24 pm 

Signal Origin:
Northern Wilds of Chicagoland

With all due respect, I disagreed with that decision as well. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:31 pm 

Fair enough. I think consistency is the important thing here and it seems they're trying to be consistent.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:48 pm 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

For what it's worth, I think it is important that only current year organisers have access to the Organisers Only area. The reason for this is that there is often information being distributed and discussed in that space that needs to be restricted only to current year organisers.

By way of example, in 2008 we had the "super secret surprise" plans to spring a Nathan Fillion introduction on event attendees. To ensure that this didn't leak (especially during the planning stages, when things weren't yet locked down) there needed to be some restrictions in place to ensure that only current year organisers were in the loop. In 2009, there was a similar case where we wanted to surprise attendees with Joss Whedon in the introduction piece.

There is also often sensitive information about potential sponsors, negotiations and pricing that need to be kept under wraps and out of the public space until it's the right time. The Organisers Only area provides a means for the Global Team to share plans and information with current year organisers, with the understanding that only those who are organising events in that year are privy to the information.

The Organiser Only space also provides a place for current year organisers to share their thoughts, concerns, frustrations and worries in a secure area.

If every past organiser for the last 5 years had access to this area, that would mean that there were roughly 150 people with access (based on roughly 75 cities participating since 2006 and 2 organisers per city). With that many folks, there would be no real way to keep current year surprises under wraps.

It is often tempting to want visibility to the planning information even after you've been involved. I know that I would certainly be curious to see what's in store each year, even if I wasn't running an event. But I respect that the current year team (global and organisers) need a space to hash out plans and share ideas for that year's events, without everyone looking over their shoulders and being a fly on the wall.

The Global Team's spring clean of access to the Organisers Only area may have happened a bit earlier this year, and may not have been announced ahead of time, but I do believe that it needs to be done each year.

There is certainly no intent to toss people out the airlock, as the Can't Stop the Serenity forum is still accessible to anyone who would like to register. The Advice forum is a great place for current year organisers to seek advice from the entire CSTS community, and for past organisers to share their wisdom and experience.

If you are a veteran organiser and you are planning an event this year, then you would have access to the Organiser Only area after submitting either the Pre-Registration or Registration form. If you have not yet done this, then I recommend doing it as soon as possible.

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:13 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:12 am 

Signal Origin:
Sydney, AU

Miranda how about instead of whinging, griping and complaining you get your registration together so Adelaide can have a screening this year and you will get your organizer status back.

Last edited by Amillion2one on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:25 am 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

I would kindly ask everyone to please be mindful of your language and tone in the forums. While we may all have our own opinions and disagree with things from time to time, there is no need to attack other members, use hurtful language, or angry tones. It doesn't benefit CSTS and is not really in keeping with the Browncoat spirit. Let's try to keep this civil, shall we? :)

Not that we ever want to get to that point though! :)

Regarding forum access for 2009 Global Team members, all our fabulous team still have access to the public forum and can answer any question that is posed to them, either via the forum or Private Message. They were also kind enough to give very thorough written handovers of their role so that we could pass what they learned and achieved on to the next (and future) global teams. The vast majority of the 2009 Global Team were also event organisers, so they will have access to the Organiser Only area in the same way that everyone else does.

Housekeeping is important, but I do not believe that anyone is putting it ahead of our community members.

New Melbourne Browncoats Inc - newmelbournebrowncoats.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:25 am 

Picking up where RoseIvy left off...

After talking with Christine who is Global Chair over the phone, and Rose over the phone, it is my intention to head up an event in her place in.

Now... I am new to the CSTS Community, but am a long time Browncoat and event attendee.

Minneapolis, MN is on the flightline, give me some time to find the cockpit and kick the landing gear, maybe check the compression coil before I light her up.

Anyone who can offer me any advice/help may contact me at 651-238-1314, ask for Brice and don't be shy about the company voice mail, a man has to make a living doing something right?

or

Email: ISDRevenge@aol.com

I am planing on meeting with Rose when I return from vacation in the middle of April, I am assured the venue "The Riverview" is on board but it'll take me some time to get up to speed.

Thanks

Brice
651-238-1314
ISDRevenge@aol.com
www.echoesfromtheblack.net
http://serenitymush.com